The Milwaukee Brewers (10-7), led by the red-hot Rowdy Tellez and his two-game homer streak, are -176 favorites to pick up a win over the Pittsburgh Pirates (8-8) Tuesday at 6:35 PM ET, live from PNC Park. Milwaukee’s Brandon Woodruff and Pittsburgh’s Mitch Keller have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Pirates Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Pirates
Our computer pick: Pittsburgh Pirates (+151) and Over (7.5)
Brewers vs. Pirates Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Brandon Woodruff
- Pittsburgh Pirates probable starting pitcher: Mitch Keller
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 26, 2022
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Milwaukee Brewers vs Pittsburgh Pirates Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Brandon Woodruff
- Woodruff (2-1) gets the starting nod for the Brewers in his fourth start of the season. He has a 4.30 ERA in 14 2/3 innings pitched, with 13 strikeouts.
- His most recent time out came on Wednesday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when the right-hander went six scoreless innings while giving up only one hit.
- The 29-year-old has a 4.30 ERA and 8.0 strikeouts per nine innings in three games this season, while giving up a batting average of .196 to opposing hitters.
- Woodruff will aim to go five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He’s averaging 4.3 innings per outing.
- The opposing Pirates offense has the 20th-ranked slugging percentage (.347) and ranks 24th in MLB play with 11 home runs. It has a collective .233 batting average, and is 14th in MLB with 123 total hits and 22nd in MLB action scoring 57 runs.
- Head-to-head against the Pirates this season, Woodruff has thrown six innings without giving up an earned run on one hit, while striking out nine.
Pirates Starter Mitch Keller
- The Pirates will hand the ball to Keller (0-3) for his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw 5 1/3 innings against the Milwaukee Brewers, giving up one earned run while allowing four hits.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 6.23, 10.4 strikeouts per nine innings and an opponent batting average of .304 in three games this season.
- In three starts, Keller has pitched through or past the fifth inning one time. He has a season average of 4.1 frames per outing.
- The Brewers have scored 56 runs this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB. They are batting .201 for the campaign with 12 home runs, 22nd in the league.
- The Brewers have gone 4-for-20 with a home run and an RBI in one game against the right-hander this season.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Brewers have won eight out of the 14 games, or 57.1%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Milwaukee has a record of 4-2 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -176 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 63.8% chance of a victory for the Brewers.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have gone over the total this season in four of their 17 opportunities.
- The Brewers are 7-10-0 ATS in their 17 games with a spread this season.
Pirates Betting Picks & Insights
- The Pirates have been underdogs in 13 games this season and have come away with the win six times (46.2%) in those contests.
- Pittsburgh has a mark of 1-3 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +151 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Pirates have a 39.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- Pittsburgh and their opponents have hit the over in five of their 16 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In 16 games with a line this season, the Pirates have a mark of 9-7-0 against the spread.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Tellez has gone yard three times in the 2022 campaign while knocking in eight runs, both totals that lead the Brewers.
- Tellez carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .067 with a home run and an RBI.
- Willy Adames has two doubles, two home runs and nine walks while batting .194.
- Adames is 54th in homers and 142nd in RBI on the year.
- Christian Yelich leads the Brewers with eight runs batted in.
- Andrew McCutchen is hitting .237 to lead his team.
Pirates Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ke’Bryan Hayes paces the Pirates with a .327 batting average.
- Hayes ranks 232nd in home runs and 176th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Daniel Vogelbach has racked up a team-high three home runs.
- Vogelbach ranks 24th in home runs and 142nd in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Michael Chavis has a team-best seven runs batted in.
- Ben Gamel is hitting .227 with a double, a home run and seven walks.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Pirates
After analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Pirates on the moneyline at +151. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price