Led by Keston Hiura (two-game homer streak), the Milwaukee Brewers (25-14) are favorites versus the Washington Nationals (13-27) Saturday at 7:10 PM ET. Bookmakers have named the Brewers as -221 favorites for the game. Brandon Woodruff will get the ball for Milwaukee while Washington counter with Patrick Corbin.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Nationals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Nationals
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+181) and Over (7.5)
Brewers vs. Nationals Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Brandon Woodruff
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Patrick Corbin
- Game Day: Saturday, May 21, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
Milwaukee Brewers vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Brandon Woodruff
- Woodruff (4-2 with a 5.35 ERA and 43 strikeouts in 33 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Brewers, his eighth of the season.
- In his last appearance on Sunday against the Miami Marlins, the righty tossed five innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering five hits.
- The 29-year-old has put up a 5.35 ERA and 11.5 strikeouts per nine innings across seven games this season, while giving up a batting average of .258 to his opponents.
- Woodruff is trying to collect his second quality start of the year.
- Woodruff has pitched five or more innings in a game four times this season heading into this matchup.
- The opposing Nationals offense has the 21st-ranked slugging percentage (.356) and ranks 28th in MLB play with 26 home runs. It has a collective .247 batting average, and is fourth in MLB with 329 total hits and 18th in MLB play scoring 158 runs.
Nationals Starter Patrick Corbin
- The Nationals will hand the ball to Corbin (0-6) for his ninth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up five earned runs in six innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Houston Astros.
- The 32-year-old has pitched to a 6.28 ERA this season with 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 4.4 walks per nine across eight games.
- In eight starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in two of them.
- Corbin has pitched five or more innings in four straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Brewers have scored 186 runs this season, which ranks fifth in MLB. They are batting .235 for the campaign with 52 home runs, fourth in the league.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Brewers have been favorites in 35 games this season and won 23 (65.7%) of those contests.
- This season, Milwaukee has won six of its seven games when favored by at least -221 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 68.8% chance of a victory for the Brewers.
- Milwaukee’s games have gone over the total in 18 of their 39 chances.
- The Brewers are 17-22-0 against the spread this season.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have been victorious in 11, or 31.4%, of the 35 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Washington has a mark of 3-2 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +181 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Nationals have a 35.6% chance of pulling out a win.
- Washington and their opponents have hit the over in 18 of their 40 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Nationals are 15-25-0 against the spread in their 40 games that had a posted line this season.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rowdy Tellez has a team-high nine home runs and 32 runs batted in.
- Among all MLB hitters, Tellez is 82nd in batting average, 99th in on-base percentage, and 15th in slugging.
- Tellez has collected a hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with a double, two home runs, four walks and five RBI.
- Christian Yelich is hitting .245 with nine doubles, a triple, five home runs and 19 walks.
- Yelich ranks 56th in home runs and 49th in RBI in the majors.
- Yelich enters this game looking for his third game in a row with a hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .158 with a double and three walks.
- Hunter Renfroe has racked up a team-best batting average of .267, and leads the Brewers in home runs (nine).
- Renfroe will look to build on his four-game hitting in this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .471 with two doubles, three walks and three RBI.
- Kolten Wong is hitting .238 with six doubles, three triples, three home runs and 14 walks.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Juan Soto paces the Nationals with eight long balls.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Soto’s home run total ranks 18th and his RBI tally is 173rd.
- Josh Bell’s 22 RBI and .309 batting average both lead his team.
- Bell is 75th in home runs and 25th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Yadiel Hernandez is hitting .327 with eight doubles, three home runs and seven walks.
- Maikel Franco is hitting .261 with 10 doubles, three home runs and six walks.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Nationals
After looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Nationals on the moneyline at +181. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price