The Milwaukee Brewers (24-14), led by the red-hot Keston Hiura and his two-game homer streak, are -170 favorites to pick up a win over the Washington Nationals (13-26) Friday at 8:10 PM ET, live from American Family Field. Milwaukee’s Eric Lauer and Washington’s Erick Fedde have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Nationals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Nationals
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+150) and Over (8.5)
Brewers vs. Nationals Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Eric Lauer
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Erick Fedde
- Game Day: Friday, May 20, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
Milwaukee Brewers vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Eric Lauer
- Lauer (3-1) takes the mound for the Brewers in his seventh start of the season. He’s put together a 2.60 ERA in 34 2/3 innings pitched, with 49 strikeouts.
- The left-hander’s most recent time out was on Saturday against the Miami Marlins, when he threw five innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 26-year-old has put up a 2.60 ERA and 12.7 strikeouts per nine innings across six games this season, while giving up a batting average of .205 to opposing hitters.
- Lauer has four quality starts under his belt this season.
- Lauer is looking for his sixth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.2 innings per appearance on the hill.
- He will face off against a Nationals team that is batting .248 as a unit (fourth in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .358 (21st in MLB) with 26 total home runs (26th in MLB).
Nationals Starter Erick Fedde
- The Nationals will send Fedde (2-2) to the mound for his eighth start this season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed five hits in four innings pitched against the Houston Astros on Saturday.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 4.24 ERA this season with 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 4.8 walks per nine across seven games.
- He has one quality starts in seven chances this season.
- Fedde has started seven games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings four times. He averages 4.3 innings per appearance.
- The Brewers have scored 179 runs this season, which ranks fifth in MLB. They are batting .233 for the campaign with 50 home runs, fourth in the league.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Brewers have entered the game as favorites 34 times this season and won 22, or 64.7%, of those games.
- Milwaukee has a record of 11-5 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -170 on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Brewers have a 63% chance to win.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have hit the over in 18 of their 38 games with a total this season.
- The Brewers are 16-22-0 ATS in their 38 games with a spread this season.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have been underdogs in 34 games this season and have come away with the win 11 times (32.4%) in those contests.
- Washington has a mark of 6-7 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by +150 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Nationals have a 40% chance of pulling out a win.
- Washington and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 18 of their 39 opportunities.
- The Nationals are 15-24-0 against the spread in their 39 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Yelich is hitting .237 with eight doubles, a triple, five home runs and 19 walks.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Yelich’s home run total places him 51st, and his RBI tally puts him 43rd.
- Rowdy Tellez’s 30 runs batted in lead his team.
- Tellez ranks 16th in home runs in MLB, and fifth in RBI.
- Kolten Wong is hitting .246 with six doubles, three triples, three home runs and 13 walks.
- Wong will look to build on his two-game hitting in this game. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a triple, two home runs, four walks and three RBI.
- Hunter Renfroe has shown his power as he paces his team with nine home runs with a team-best .250 batting average.
- Renfroe is riding a three-game hitting streak into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .389 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Juan Soto has launched a team-best eight home runs.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Soto’s home run total is 16th and his RBI tally ranks 165th.
- Josh Bell has 22 runs batted in while hitting .316. Both team-highs.
- Bell ranks 74th in homers and 24th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Yadiel Hernandez is batting .327 with eight doubles, three home runs and seven walks.
- Maikel Franco is batting .262 with 10 doubles, three home runs and six walks.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Nationals
Our best bet is the Nationals on the moneyline at +150 after digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price