The Milwaukee Brewers (21-13) are -158 favorites to take Game 3 of th series from the Miami Marlins (15-18) Sunday at 1:40 PM ET. The teams enter the matchup with the series record tied, and the underdog Marlins are listed with +136 odds to win the rubber match and take the series victory. Brandon Woodruff takes the mound for Milwaukee while Elieser Hernandez is Miami’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Marlins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Marlins
Our computer pick: Miami Marlins (+136) and Over (7)
Brewers vs. Marlins Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Brandon Woodruff
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Elieser Hernandez
- Game Day: Sunday, May 15, 2022
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Milwaukee Brewers vs Miami Marlins Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Brandon Woodruff
- Woodruff (3-2) takes the mound for the Brewers in his seventh start of the season. He’s put together a 5.97 ERA in 28 2/3 innings pitched, with 37 strikeouts.
- In his most recent appearance on Monday, the righty tossed 4 1/3 innings against the Cincinnati Reds, allowing five earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- The 29-year-old has a 5.97 ERA and 11.6 strikeouts per nine innings across six games this season, while allowing a batting average of .261 to his opponents.
- Woodruff has one quality start this season.
- Woodruff is trying to record his fourth start of five or more innings this year in this game.
- He will face off against a Marlins offense that ranks ninth in MLB with 264 total hits (on a .238 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .385 (11th in MLB) with 34 total home runs (ninth in MLB).
Marlins Starter Elieser Hernandez
- The Marlins will hand the ball to Hernandez (2-2) for his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Tuesday, when he gave up three earned runs and allowed six hits in 5 1/3 innings against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in six games this season with an ERA of 6.37 and 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .275.
- He has one quality starts in six chances this season.
- In six starts this season, Hernandez has lasted five or more innings three times, with an average of 4.3 innings per appearance.
- The Brewers rank third in MLB with 164 runs scored this season. They have a .235 batting average this campaign with 46 home runs (second in the league).
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Brewers have been favored 30 times and won 19, or 63.3%, of those games.
- Milwaukee has entered 19 games this season favored by -158 or more and is 13-6 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 61.2% chance of a victory for the Brewers.
- Milwaukee’s games have gone over the total in 16 of their 34 chances.
- In 34 games with a spread this season, the Brewers are 15-19-0 ATS.
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Marlins have been chosen as underdogs in 16 games this year and have walked away with the win seven times (43.8%) in those games.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given Miami this season with a +136 moneyline set for this game.
- The Marlins have an implied victory probability of 42.4% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Miami have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 15 of 33 chances this season.
- The Marlins are 18-15-0 against the spread in their 33 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Yelich paces the Brewers with a team-high batting average of .258.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Yelich is 36th in homers and 27th in RBI.
- Yelich has collected a hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with a double, a triple, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Willy Adames has hit nine home runs to lead his team.
- Adames ranks fifth in home runs and eighth in RBI on the year.
- Rowdy Tellez has accumulated a team-best 27 runs batted in.
- Hunter Renfroe has hit nine home runs to pace his team.
- Renfroe has recorded at least one hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with three home runs, a walk and four RBI.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jazz Chisholm paces the Marlins in home runs (six), runs batted in (24) and has posted a team-best batting average of .288.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Chisholm’s home run total is 24th and his RBI tally is eighth.
- Jesus Aguilar is hitting .272 with four doubles, five home runs and 14 walks.
- Aguilar ranks 36th in home runs and 49th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Jorge Soler has six home runs, best in the lineup.
- Jesus Sanchez has three doubles, two triples, three home runs and eight walks while batting .214.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Marlins
After digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Marlins on the moneyline at +136. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price