The Milwaukee Brewers (21-12) are set to take on the Miami Marlins (14-18) Saturday at 6:10 PM ET. The Brewers are listed as -140 favorites by bookmakers, while the underdog Marlins have +118 odds for the contest. Eric Lauer takes the mound for Milwaukee while Trevor Rogers is Miami’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Marlins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Marlins
Our computer pick: Miami Marlins (+118) and Over (7)
Brewers vs. Marlins Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Eric Lauer
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Trevor Rogers
- Game Day: Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Milwaukee Brewers vs Miami Marlins Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Eric Lauer
- Lauer (3-0) takes the mound for the Brewers in his sixth start of the season. He has a 1.82 ERA in 29 2/3 innings pitched, with 42 strikeouts.
- His most recent time out came on Friday, May 6 against the Atlanta Braves, when the lefty tossed 6 1/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing two hits.
- The 26-year-old has put up an ERA of 1.82, with 12.7 strikeouts per nine innings, in five games this season. Opponents are batting .189 against him.
- Lauer is looking for his fifth quality start in a row.
- Lauer will look to go five or more innings for his fifth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.3 frames per outing.
- The opposing Marlins offense has a collective .236 batting average, and is 11th in the league with 253 total hits and 17th in MLB action with 129 runs scored. It has the 13th-ranked slugging percentage (.377) and ranks 10th in home runs (31) in all of MLB.
Marlins Starter Trevor Rogers
- The Marlins’ Rogers (1-4) will make his seventh start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw five scoreless innings against the San Diego Padres while allowing five hits.
- The 24-year-old has pitched in six games this season with an ERA of 5.00 and 7.0 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .260.
- In six starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in one of them.
- In six starts this season, Rogers has lasted five or more innings four times, with an average of 4.2 innings per appearance.
- The Brewers are batting .235 this season, 15th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .415 (fourth in the league) with 44 home runs.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Brewers have won 19 out of the 29 games, or 65.5%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Milwaukee has a record of 17-8, a 68% win rate, when favored by -140 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Brewers have a 58.3% chance to win.
- Games involving Milwaukee have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 15 of 33 chances this season.
- The Brewers are 15-18-0 ATS in their 33 games with a spread this season.
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Marlins have won in six, or 40%, of the 15 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Miami has a mark of 3-5 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by +118 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Marlins have a 45.9% chance of pulling out a win.
- Miami’s games have gone over the total in 14 of their 32 opportunities.
- In 32 games with a line this season, the Marlins have a mark of 17-15-0 against the spread.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Brewers best hitter thus far this season is Christian Yelich, who’s hitting at a team-leading .259 rate along with five homers and 20 RBI.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Yelich’s home run total ranks him 34th, and his RBI tally puts him 25th.
- Yelich takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .278 with a double, a triple, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Rowdy Tellez has made the most of his opportunities as he paces his team with 27 runs batted in.
- Tellez ranks 12th in home runs and fourth in RBI on the season.
- Willy Adames paces the Brewers with eight home runs.
- Kolten Wong is hitting .243 with six doubles, two triples, two home runs and nine walks.
- Wong takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with a double, a home run, four walks and two RBI.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jazz Chisholm leads the Marlins with six home runs and 24 runs batted in, while recording a team-best batting average of .283.
- In all of MLB, Chisholm is 24th in homers and eighth in RBI.
- Jesus Aguilar is hitting .266 with three doubles, four home runs and 14 walks.
- Aguilar is currently 57th in home runs and 63rd in RBI in the major leagues.
- Jorge Soler is batting .180 with five doubles, five home runs and 14 walks.
- Garrett Cooper is batting .265 with seven doubles, two home runs and 11 walks.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Marlins
We have the Marlins on the moneyline at +118 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price