The Milwaukee Brewers (19-12) will look to Christian Yelich, who hit for the cycle in his last game, to lead them in a matchup with the Miami Marlins (13-17) on Friday at 6:40 PM ET. Yelich and the Brewers are -165 favorites for the contest, according to bookmakers. Corbin Burnes starts for Milwaukee while Pablo Lopez is Miami’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Marlins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Marlins
Our computer pick: Miami Marlins (+145) and Over (6.5)
Brewers vs. Marlins Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Corbin Burnes
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Pablo López
- Game Day: Friday, May 13, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Milwaukee Brewers vs Miami Marlins Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Corbin Burnes
- Burnes makes the start for the Brewers, his seventh of the season. He is 1-2 with a 1.86 ERA and 50 strikeouts in 38 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Saturday against the Atlanta Braves, when he went six innings, allowing one earned run while giving up six hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 1.86, with 11.6 strikeouts per nine innings, in six games this season. Opponents are batting .170 against him.
- Burnes is trying to secure his sixth straight quality start in this matchup.
- Burnes is aiming for his seventh straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 6.1 frames per appearance on the hill.
- The opposing Marlins offense has the 17th-ranked slugging percentage (.371) and is 14th in MLB play with 27 home runs. It has a collective .233 batting average, and is 13th in MLB with 233 total hits and 16th in MLB play scoring 117 runs.
- This season, the 27-year-old ranks 13th in ERA (1.86), fourth in WHIP (.802), and seventh in K/9 (11.6) among pitchers who qualify.
Marlins Starter Pablo López
- The Marlins’ Lopez (4-1) will make his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he allowed five hits in eight scoreless innings against the San Diego Padres.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 1.25 and 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .186 in six games this season.
- He has earned a quality start three times in six starts this season.
- In six starts, Lopez has pitched through or past the fifth inning five times. He has a season average of 6.0 frames per outing.
- The Brewers have scored 156 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB. They have 246 hits, eighth in baseball, with 43 home runs (second in the league).
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 26-year-old’s 1.25 ERA ranks second, .889 WHIP ranks eighth, and 8.7 K/9 ranks 24th.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Brewers have won 17 out of the 27 games, or 63%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Milwaukee has a record of 9-5, a 64.3% win rate, when favored by -165 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 62.3% chance of a victory for the Brewers.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 15 of their 31 opportunities.
- The Brewers are 14-17-0 ATS in their 31 games with a spread this season.
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Marlins have been underdogs in 14 games this season and have come away with the win six times (42.9%) in those contests.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given Miami this season with a +145 moneyline set for this game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Marlins have a 40.8% chance of walking away with the win.
- Miami’s games have gone over the total in 14 of their 31 opportunities.
- In 31 games with a line this season, the Marlins have a mark of 16-15-0 against the spread.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Yelich paces the Brewers with a team-best batting average of .259.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Yelich is 32nd in homers and 17th in RBI.
- Willy Adames’ eight home runs lead his team.
- Adames is fifth in home runs in baseball, and fifth in RBI.
- Rowdy Tellez has driven in a team-best 26 runs batted in.
- Hunter Renfroe’s eight home runs lead his team.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jazz Chisholm paces the Marlins with five home runs and 21 runs batted in, while posting a team-high batting average of .300.
- In all of the majors, Chisholm is 32nd in homers and 10th in RBI.
- Joey Wendle has six doubles, a home run and seven walks while hitting .286.
- Wendle is 199th in homers and 177th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Jesus Aguilar has three doubles, three home runs and 14 walks while batting .260.
- Jorge Soler has put up a team-high five home runs.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Marlins
We have the Marlins on the moneyline at +145 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 6.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price