The San Francisco Giants (11-5) will lean on Joc Pederson, following a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Milwaukee Brewers (10-6) on Monday at 6:10 PM ET. The Giants are +148 underdogs for the contest, according to oddsmakers. Corbin Burnes will get the ball for Milwaukee while San Francisco counter with Sam Long.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Giants Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Giants
Our computer pick: San Francisco Giants (+148) and Over (7)
Brewers vs. Giants Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Corbin Burnes
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Sam Long
- Game Day: Monday, April 25, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
Milwaukee Brewers vs San Francisco Giants Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Corbin Burnes
- The Brewers will send Burnes (1-0) out for his fourth start of the season. He is 1-0 with a 2.37 ERA and 22 strikeouts through 19 innings pitched.
- The righty’s most recent time out was on Tuesday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when he tossed seven innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 27-year-old has a 2.37 ERA and 10.4 strikeouts per nine innings across three games this season, while allowing a batting average of .169 to opposing hitters.
- Burnes is trying to build upon a second-game quality start streak in this matchup.
- Burnes will look to pitch five or more innings for his fourth straight appearance. He’s averaging 6.1 frames per outing.
- He will take the hill against a Giants offense that ranks seventh in MLB with 130 total hits (on a .241 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .385 (12th in MLB) with 17 total home runs (fifth in MLB).
- The 27-year-old ranks 20th in ERA (2.37), eighth in WHIP (.789), and 10th in K/9 (10.4) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Giants Starter Sam Long
- Long will get the start for the Giants, his second of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Friday, when he threw two scoreless innings while allowing two hits against the Washington Nationals.
- He has an ERA of .00, a 4 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .643 in four games this season.
- The Brewers rank 28th in MLB with a .204 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 25th in the league (.329) and 11 home runs.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Brewers have been favored 13 times and won eight, or 61.5%, of those games.
- Milwaukee has a record of 4-1 when favored by -167 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The Brewers have a 62.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have hit the over in four of their 16 games with a total this season.
- The Brewers are 7-9-0 against the spread this season.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have been underdogs in five games this season and have come away with the win one time (20%) in those contests.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given San Francisco this season with a +148 moneyline set for this game.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Giants have a 40.3% chance of pulling out a win.
- San Francisco and their opponents have gone over in six of their 17 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Giants are 9-7-0 against the spread in their 16 games that had a posted line this season.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rowdy Tellez has gone yard three times in the 2022 campaign while driving in eight runs, both totals that lead the Brewers.
- Of all hitters in baseball, Tellez’s home run total ranks him 23rd, and his RBI tally puts him 49th.
- Tellez carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .118 with two home runs and three RBI.
- Christian Yelich has totaled eight runs batted in to lead his team.
- Yelich is 108th in home runs and 49th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Andrew McCutchen paces the Brewers with a .255 batting average.
- Willy Adames is batting .190 with two doubles, a home run and nine walks.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Pederson has swatted a team-high five long balls.
- Pederson’s home run total puts him fourth in the big leagues, and he is 49th in RBI.
- Thairo Estrada has been productive as he paces his team with 10 RBI.
- Estrada ranks 52nd in home runs and 25th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Brandon Belt is batting .236 with a double, a triple, four home runs and 11 walks.
- Wilmer Flores leads the Giants with a team-high batting average of .283.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Giants
We have the Giants on the moneyline at +148 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price