The Milwaukee Brewers (18-8) will vie for their fifth straight victory when they visit the Atlanta Braves (12-16) on Saturday at 7:20 PM ET. The Brewers are listed as -111 favorites by sportsbooks, while the Braves are -108 underdogs. Corbin Burnes will get the ball for Milwaukee while Atlanta counter with Max Fried.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Braves Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Braves
Our computer pick: Atlanta Braves (-108) and Over (6.5)
Brewers vs. Braves Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Corbin Burnes
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Max Fried
- Game Day: Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Milwaukee Brewers vs Atlanta Braves Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Corbin Burnes
- Burnes makes the start for the Brewers, his sixth of the season. He is 1-1 with a 1.93 ERA and 43 strikeouts in 32 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Sunday, the right-hander went seven innings against the Chicago Cubs, allowing two earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- In five games this season, the 27-year-old has put up an ERA of 1.93, with 11.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .153 against him.
- Burnes is aiming to earn his fifth quality start in a row in this matchup.
- Burnes will look to continue a six-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.2 innings per appearance).
- He will face a Braves offense that ranks 14th in the league with 110 runs while batting .222 as a squad. It has a collective .389 slugging percentage (11th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 33 home runs (fourth in MLB).
- This season, the 27-year-old ranks 15th in ERA (1.93), third in WHIP (.735), and seventh in K/9 (11.8) among pitchers who qualify.
Braves Starter Max Fried
- The Braves will send Fried (3-2) to the mound for his sixth start this season.
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs in six innings pitched on Monday in his last outing, a matchup with the New York Mets.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 3.00, a 27 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .867.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he’ll earn his fourth quality start in a row.
- Fried has pitched five or more innings in five straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Brewers have scored 131 runs this season, which ranks first in MLB. They are batting .239 for the campaign with 35 home runs, first in the league.
- Among qualified pitchers this year, the 28-year-old’s 3.00 ERA ranks 33rd, .867 WHIP ranks 11th, and 8.1 K/9 ranks 36th.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Brewers have won 16, or 69.6%, of the 23 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Milwaukee is 16-7 this season when entering a game favored by -111 or more on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Brewers have a 52.6% chance to win.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have hit the over in 11 of their 26 games with a total this season.
- The Brewers are 14-12-0 ATS in their 26 games with a spread this season.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves have won in five, or 45.5%, of the 11 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, Atlanta has been victorious four times in nine chances when named as an underdog of at least -108 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Braves have an implied victory probability of 51.9% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Atlanta and their opponents have hit the over in 15 of their 28 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Braves have an against the spread mark of 11-17-0 in 28 games with a line this season.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Willy Adames’ eight homers in 2022 are the most on the Brewers. He’s also knocked in 22 runs while hitting .245.
- Among all batters in the majors, Adames’ home run total ranks him third, and his RBI tally ranks him fourth.
- Adames has collected a hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with three home runs, five walks and eight RBI.
- Rowdy Tellez’s 23 runs batted in and .293 batting average both lead his team.
- Tellez ranks sixth in home runs and third in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Tellez has four straight games with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .429 with four doubles, three home runs, two walks and 12 RBI.
- Christian Yelich is hitting .256 with six doubles, four home runs and 13 walks.
- Yelich will look to build on his three-game hitting in this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen is batting .253 with five doubles, two home runs and seven walks.
- McCutchen has recorded at least one hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .217 with a double, a walk and four RBI.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Matt Olson leads the Braves with a team-high batting average of .275.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Olson is 63rd in homers and 82nd in RBI.
- Austin Riley has been a reliable source of runs this year, leading the lineup with seven home runs and 14 RBI.
- Among all major league batters, Riley is sixth in home runs and 41st in RBI.
- Ozzie Albies is batting .220 with four doubles, six home runs and 10 walks.
- Marcell Ozuna is batting .218 with five doubles, four home runs and five walks.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Braves
After taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Braves on the moneyline at -108. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 6.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price