The Milwaukee Brewers (17-8) and Willy Adames (2 HR in his last game) are favored (-113) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Atlanta Braves (12-15) on Friday at 7:20 PM ET. Eric Lauer gets the starting nod for Milwaukee while Jesse Chavez is Atlanta’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Braves Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Braves
Our computer pick: Atlanta Braves (-106) and Over (8.5)
Brewers vs. Braves Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Eric Lauer
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Jesse Chavez
- Game Day: Friday, May 6, 2022
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Milwaukee Brewers vs Atlanta Braves Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Eric Lauer
- Lauer (2-0 with a 1.93 ERA and 34 strikeouts in 23 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Brewers, his fifth of the season.
- In his last appearance on Saturday against the Chicago Cubs, the left-hander tossed seven innings, allowing one earned run while surrendering five hits.
- In four games this season, the 26-year-old has a 1.93 ERA and 13.1 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .207 to opposing batters.
- Lauer is seeking his fourth quality start in a row.
- Lauer is looking for his fourth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.3 frames per appearance on the hill.
- He will face a Braves offense that ranks ninth in MLB with 200 total hits (on a .226 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .392 (eighth in MLB) with 31 total home runs (fourth in MLB).
Braves Starter Jesse Chavez
- Chavez will make his first start of the season for the Braves.
- The 38-year-old righty will start for the first time this year after coming out of the bullpen eight times.
- He has pitched to a 2.84 ERA this season with 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.4 walks per nine across eight games.
- The Brewers are batting .237 this season, 13th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .424 (second in the league) with 35 home runs.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Brewers have been favorites in 22 games this season and won 15 (68.2%) of those contests.
- Milwaukee has a record of 15-7, a 68.2% win rate, when favored by -113 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 53.1% chance of a victory for the Brewers.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 10 of their 25 opportunities.
- The Brewers are 13-12-0 ATS in their 25 games with a spread this season.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves have won in five of the 10 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, Atlanta has come away with a win two times in five chances when named as an underdog of at least -106 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Braves have an implied victory probability of 51.5% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Atlanta have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 14 of 27 chances this season.
- The Braves have an against the spread mark of 11-16-0 in 27 games with a line this season.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Adames is the Brewers best power hitter, connecting on eight home runs this season in addition to delivering 21 RBI, both team highs.
- Adames is second in homers and third in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Rowdy Tellez has 21 runs batted in while batting .286. Both lead his team.
- Tellez is sixth in homers and third in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Tellez carries a three-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .450 with three doubles, four home runs, two walks and 13 RBI.
- Christian Yelich is batting .247 with six doubles, four home runs and 13 walks.
- Yelich is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with two doubles, two home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen has five doubles, two home runs and seven walks while hitting .256.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Riley has posted a team-leading seven home runs and has driven in 14 runs.
- In all of the majors, Riley is sixth in home runs and 38th in RBI.
- Matt Olson has a club-high .283 batting average.
- Olson is 62nd among all hitters in MLB in homers, and 80th in RBI.
- Ozzie Albies has four doubles, six home runs and 10 walks while batting .217.
- Marcell Ozuna has five doubles, four home runs and four walks while batting .224.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Braves
After taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Braves on the moneyline at -106. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price