Seeking their 24th win of the year, the Milwaukee Brewers (23-13) are favorites (-115) on the moneyline when they take on the Atlanta Braves (16-20) Tuesday at 7:40 PM ET. Milwaukee’s Adrian Houser gets the start, and he’ll go against Atlanta’s Tucker Davidson.
Table of Contents
Brewers vs. Braves Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Brewers vs. Braves
Our computer pick: Atlanta Braves (-105) and Over (8)
Brewers vs. Braves Game Info
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Adrian Houser
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Tucker Davidson
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 17, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
Milwaukee Brewers vs Atlanta Braves Pitching Matchup
Brewers Starter Adrian Houser
- Houser makes the start for the Brewers, his seventh of the season. He is 3-3 with a 3.86 ERA and 25 strikeouts in 30 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday against the Cincinnati Reds, the right-hander threw four innings, allowing three earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 3.86, with 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings, in six games this season. Opponents are hitting .237 against him.
- Houser is trying to pick up his third quality start of the season.
- Houser has put up four starts this campaign in which he pitched five or more innings.
- The opposing Braves offense has the 13th-ranked slugging percentage (.387) and ranks fifth in MLB play with 44 home runs. It has a collective .222 batting average, and is 22nd in MLB with 262 total hits and 16th in MLB play scoring 146 runs.
Braves Starter Tucker Davidson
- Davidson will make his first start of the season for the Braves.
- The left-hander is making his first start of the year. The 26-year-old did not make an appearance on the mound last season.
- The Brewers are batting .234 this season, 16th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .414 (fourth in the league) with 49 home runs.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Brewers have been favored 32 times and won 21, or 65.6%, of those games.
- This season, Milwaukee has won 20 of its 30 games, or 66.7%, when favored by at least -115 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Brewers have a 53.5% chance to win.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 17 of their 36 opportunities.
- The Brewers are 16-20-0 against the spread this season.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves have won in six, or 46.2%, of the 13 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This year, Atlanta has won two of six games when listed as at least -105 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Braves have a 51.2% chance of walking away with the win.
- Atlanta and their opponents have gone over in 20 of their 36 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Braves are 15-21-0 against the spread in their 36 games that had a posted line this season.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Yelich is batting .244 with eight doubles, a triple, five home runs and 18 walks.
- Among all batters in MLB, Yelich ranks 46th in homers and 34th in RBI.
- Rowdy Tellez has capitalized on opportunities as he leads his team with 29 RBI.
- Tellez ranks 12th in home runs and third in RBI among all major league batters this year.
- Willy Adames has put up a team-high nine home runs.
- Kolten Wong has a club-best .248 batting average.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Matt Olson leads the team in batting average with a high-water mark of .254.
- Olson’s home run total puts him 67th in the majors, and he is 85th in RBI.
- Ozzie Albies has six doubles, six home runs and 11 walks while hitting .227.
- Albies ranks 31st overall in homers and 85th in RBI this season.
- Austin Riley has seven home runs, best in the lineup.
- Marcell Ozuna has five doubles, five home runs and nine walks while hitting .210.
Betting Tips for Brewers vs. Braves
We have the Braves on the moneyline at -105 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price