The Atlanta Braves (14-17) will be out to avoid the sweep when they host the Boston Red Sox (11-18) to complete a two-game series. Sportsbooks have listed the Braves as -131 favorites for the series finale, while the Red Sox are +110 underdogs. Atlanta’s Ian Anderson and Boston’s Nathan Eovaldi have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Braves vs. Red Sox Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Braves vs. Red Sox
Our computer pick: Boston Red Sox (+110) and Over (7.5)
Braves vs. Red Sox Game Info
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Ian Anderson
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Nathan Eovaldi
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Atlanta Braves vs Boston Red Sox Pitching Matchup
Braves Starter Ian Anderson
- Anderson gets the start for the Braves, his sixth of the season. He is 3-1 with a 4.01 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 24 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Wednesday against the New York Mets, when he tossed 5 1/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up five hits.
- The 24-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.01, with 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings, in five games this season. Opponents are hitting .209 against him.
- Anderson is looking to secure his second quality start of the year.
- Anderson will look to continue a five-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 4.3 frames per outing).
- He will face off against a Red Sox offense that is hitting .231 as a unit (17th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .344 (24th in MLB) with 17 total home runs (27th in MLB).
Red Sox Starter Nathan Eovaldi
- The Red Sox’s Eovaldi (1-0) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander allowed three hits in seven scoreless innings pitched against the Baltimore Orioles on Saturday, April 30.
- The 32-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 2.51, a 10.667 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .942.
- He’s going for his third quality start in a row.
- Eovaldi will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Braves have scored 126 runs this season, which ranks 12th in MLB. They have 226 hits, 15th in baseball, with 37 home runs (third in the league).
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves have won eight, or 42.1%, of the 19 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Atlanta has entered 15 games this season favored by -131 or more and is 7-8 in those contests.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 56.7% chance of a victory for the Braves.
- Atlanta and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 17 of their 31 opportunities.
- The Braves are 13-18-0 against the spread in their 31 chances this season.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox have won in five, or 31.2%, of the 16 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This year, Boston has won three of 11 games when listed as at least +110 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Red Sox have a 47.6% chance of walking away with the win.
- Boston and their opponents have gone over in nine of their 29 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Red Sox are 15-14-0 against the spread in their 29 games that had a posted line this season.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Braves best hitter thus far this season is Matt Olson, who’s hitting at a team-leading .270 clip along with three homers and 13 RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Olson ranks 75th in home runs and 76th in RBI.
- Olson brings a hitting streak of two games into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .150 with two doubles, three walks and three RBI.
- Ozzie Albies is batting .223 with four doubles, six home runs and 10 walks.
- Albies is 17th in home runs and 76th in RBI on the year.
- Austin Riley has hit a team-high seven homers.
- Marcell Ozuna has five doubles, four home runs and seven walks while hitting .210.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers has put up a team-high five home runs and has driven in 15 runs.
- Devers is 32nd in home runs and 50th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Devers carries a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .400 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts’ .364 batting average leads his team.
- Bogaerts is currently 123rd in home runs and 128th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Alex Verdugo has two doubles, three home runs and seven walks while hitting .212.
- J.D. Martinez is batting .291 with 10 doubles, three home runs and five walks.
Betting Tips for Braves vs. Red Sox
After looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Red Sox on the moneyline at +110. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price