J.D. Martinez (10 games) will look to add to his hitting streak when the Boston Red Sox (10-18) and Atlanta Braves (14-16) meet Tuesday at 7:20 PM ET, live from Truist Park. J.D. Martinez and the Red Sox are listed as underdogs on the moneyline by sportsbooks (+125). Kyle Wright will get the ball for Atlanta while Boston counter with Garrett Whitlock.
Table of Contents
Braves vs. Red Sox Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Braves vs. Red Sox
Our computer pick: Boston Red Sox (+125) and Under (8.5)
Braves vs. Red Sox Game Info
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Kyle Wright
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Garrett Whitlock
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Atlanta Braves vs Boston Red Sox Pitching Matchup
Braves Starter Kyle Wright
- The Braves will send Wright (3-1) to make his sixth start of the season. He is 3-1 with a 1.74 ERA and 37 strikeouts in 31 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared on Tuesday against the New York Mets, when he threw seven innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up nine hits.
- In five games this season, the 26-year-old has an ERA of 1.74, with 10.7 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .209 against him.
- Wright is trying to extend a third-game quality start streak in this outing.
- Wright will try to build upon a six-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.1 innings per outing).
- The opposing Red Sox offense has the 26th-ranked slugging percentage (.342) and is 27th in MLB play with 16 home runs. It has a collective .229 batting average, and is 13th in MLB with 216 total hits and 26th in MLB play scoring 93 runs.
- The 26-year-old’s 1.74 ERA ranks seventh, .968 WHIP ranks 19th, and 10.7 K/9 ranks ninth among qualifying pitchers this season.
Red Sox Starter Garrett Whitlock
- Whitlock (1-1) will take the mound for the Red Sox, his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw five innings against the Los Angeles Angels, giving up two earned runs while allowing two hits.
- The 25-year-old has pitched in seven games this season with an ERA of 1.25, a 7.25 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .692.
- In three starts, Whitlock has pitched through or past the fifth inning one time. He has a season average of 3.0 frames per outing.
- The Braves have scored 122 runs this season, which ranks 11th in MLB. They are batting .225 for the campaign with 36 home runs, first in the league.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves have been favorites in 18 games this season and won eight (44.4%) of those contests.
- Atlanta has entered 12 games this season favored by -145 or more and is 6-6 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 59.2% chance of a victory for the Braves.
- Games involving Atlanta have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 16 of 30 chances this season.
- The Braves are 13-17-0 ATS in their 30 games with a spread this season.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox have won in four, or 26.7%, of the 15 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Boston has a mark of 1-4 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +125 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Red Sox have an implied victory probability of 44.4% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Boston and their opponents have gone over in eight of their 28 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Red Sox are 14-14-0 against the spread in their 28 games that had a posted line this season.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Matt Olson paces the Braves with a .264 batting average.
- Among all batters in baseball, Olson’s home run total ranks him 71st, and his RBI tally puts him 63rd.
- Ozzie Albies is batting .231 with four doubles, six home runs and 10 walks.
- Albies is 14th in homers in MLB, and 63rd in RBI.
- Albies carries a five-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with two RBI.
- Austin Riley paces the Braves in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (14).
- Marcell Ozuna is batting .214 with five doubles, four home runs and six walks.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox with four home runs.
- Devers is 41st in home runs and 98th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Devers has collected a hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts’ .352 batting average paces his team.
- Bogaerts ranks 116th among all hitters in the majors in homers, and 112th in RBI.
- Martinez leads the Red Sox with 14 runs batted in.
- Alex Verdugo has two doubles, three home runs and six walks while batting .210.
Betting Tips for Braves vs. Red Sox
Our best bet is the Red Sox on the moneyline at +125 after looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will under the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price