Entering Friday’s matchup with the Atlanta Braves (9-11), the Texas Rangers (6-13) are on a three-game losing streak. The contest starts at 8:05 PM ET with the Braves listed as -145 favorites, while the are +125 underdogs who may be heading for a fourth straight defeat. Atlanta’s Ian Anderson and Texas’ Garrett Richards have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Braves vs. Rangers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Braves vs. Rangers
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (+125) and Under (9)
Braves vs. Rangers Game Info
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Ian Anderson
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Garrett Richards
- Game Day: Friday, April 29, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Atlanta Braves vs Texas Rangers Pitching Matchup
Braves Starter Ian Anderson
- Anderson makes the start for the Braves, his fourth of the season. He is 1-1 with a 5.40 ERA and 12 strikeouts in 13 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out was on Saturday against the Miami Marlins, when the righty threw five innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 23-year-old has a 5.40 ERA and 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings in three games this season, while giving up a batting average of .216 to opposing hitters.
- Anderson will look to continue a three-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 4.1 frames per appearance).
- He will take the hill against a Rangers team that is batting .223 as a unit (21st in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .337 (23rd in MLB) with 16 total home runs (17th in MLB).
Rangers Starter Garrett Richards
- Richards heads to the mound for the Rangers to make his second start of the season, seeking his first win.
- The right-hander’s last appearance came in relief on Thursday when he threw two scoreless innings out of the bullpen against the Houston Astros without allowing a hit.
- He has an ERA of 2.25, a 1.4 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.125 in six games this season.
- The Braves rank 13th in MLB with a .234 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks fourth in the league (.408) and 24 home runs.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves have won six, or 46.2%, of the 13 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Atlanta has a record of 6-6, a 50% win rate, when favored by -145 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 59.2% chance of a victory for the Braves.
- Atlanta and its opponents have hit the over in nine of their 20 games with a total this season.
- The Braves are 8-12-0 ATS in their 20 games with a spread this season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have been victorious in five, or 33.3%, of the 15 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Texas has a mark of 2-4 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +125 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Rangers have an implied victory probability of 44.4% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Texas and its opponents have gone over the total this season in eight of their 19 opportunities.
- The Rangers have an against the spread record of 9-10-0 in 19 games with a line this season.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Riley is batting .274 with six doubles, five home runs and nine walks.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Riley is sixth in home runs and 44th in RBI.
- Riley carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .273 with two doubles, three home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Ozzie Albies has shown his power as he leads his team with six home runs and 11 runs batted in.
- Of all major league hitters, Albies ranks second in home runs and 32nd in RBI.
- Matt Olson has a team-high batting average of .315.
- Marcell Ozuna has five doubles, four home runs and three walks while batting .269.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Adolis Garcia paces the Rangers in home runs (three) and runs batted in (12).
- Among all batters in the majors, Garcia’s home run total is 34th and his RBI tally is 21st.
- Nate Lowe is batting .342 to lead the lineup.
- Lowe is 132nd among all hitters in the majors in homers, and 67th in RBI.
- Corey Seager is hitting .257 with a double, two home runs and five walks.
- Brad Miller is batting .188 with a double, two home runs and two walks.
Betting Tips for Braves vs. Rangers
After analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Rangers on the moneyline at +125. Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price