The Atlanta Braves (33-27) roll into Sunday’s matchup with the Pittsburgh Pirates (24-33) looking to extend a 10-game winning streak. The contest starts at 1:35 PM ET with the Braves listed as -258 favorites on the moneyline. Atlanta’s Kyle Wright and Pittsburgh’s Jose Quintana have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Braves vs. Pirates Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Braves vs. Pirates
Our computer pick: Pittsburgh Pirates (+211) and Over (9)
Braves vs. Pirates Game Info
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Kyle Wright
- Pittsburgh Pirates probable starting pitcher: José Quintana
- Game Day: Sunday, June 12, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Atlanta Braves vs Pittsburgh Pirates Pitching Matchup
Braves Starter Kyle Wright
- Wright makes the start for the Braves, his 12th of the season. He is 6-3 with a 2.39 ERA and 73 strikeouts in 67 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Tuesday, the righty tossed 8 2/3 innings against the Oakland Athletics, giving up two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- The 26-year-old has a 2.39 ERA and 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings in 11 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .192 to opposing hitters.
- Wright is looking to build upon a third-game quality start streak in this game.
- Wright will try to last five or more innings for his sixth straight appearance. He’s averaging 6.0 frames per outing.
- He will face a Pirates offense that ranks 29th in the league with 196 runs while batting .224 as a squad. It has a collective .356 slugging percentage (28th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 50 home runs (23rd in MLB).
- The 26-year-old ranks 10th in ERA (2.39), 16th in WHIP (1.020), and 17th in K/9 (9.7) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Pirates Starter José Quintana
- The Pirates’ Quintana (1-3) will make his 12th start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed seven hits in 3 1/3 innings pitched against the Detroit Tigers on Tuesday.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 2.85, a 2.421 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.304 in 11 games this season.
- In 11 starts this season, he’s earned two quality starts.
- Quintana has six starts of five or more innings this season in 11 chances. He averages 4.3 innings per outing.
- The Braves have scored 276 runs this season, which ranks eighth in MLB. They are batting .244 for the campaign with 80 home runs, second in the league.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves have won 26, or 61.9%, of the 42 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Atlanta has played as a favorite of -258 or more twice this season and won both games.
- The Braves have a 72.1% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Atlanta have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 32 of 60 chances this season.
- The Braves have an ATS record of 30-30-0 in 60 games with a spread this season.
Pirates Betting Picks & Insights
- The Pirates have been underdogs in 43 games this season and have come away with the win 17 times (39.5%) in those contests.
- This season, Pittsburgh has come away with a win three times in five chances when named as an underdog of at least +211 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Pirates have a 32.2% chance of walking away with the win.
- Pittsburgh’s games have gone over the total in 22 of their 57 opportunities.
- The Pirates are 26-31-0 against the spread in their 57 games that had a posted line this season.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Braves best power option comes in the form of Austin Riley and his 16-home-run 35-RBI season, both team highs.
- Riley’s home runs place him fourth in MLB, and he ranks 23rd in RBI.
- Ozzie Albies has 15 doubles, eight home runs and 13 walks while hitting .249.
- Albies is 51st in home runs and 28th in RBI in the bigs.
- Albies has seven games in a row with at least one hit. In his last 10 games he is batting .250 with three doubles, two home runs and 11 RBI.
- Matt Olson is hitting .251 with 24 doubles, seven home runs and 37 walks.
- Dansby Swanson is hitting .286 to lead his team.
- Swanson brings a six-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last 10 games he is hitting .390 with two doubles, a home run, five walks and eight RBI.
Pirates Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Pirates are lead in runs batted in by Ke’Bryan Hayes with a mark of 21, he also leads the team in hitting, posting an average of .283.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Hayes’ home run total is 251st and his RBI tally is 137th.
- Bryan Reynolds has launched a team-high nine home runs.
- Reynolds ranks 44th overall in homers and 186th in RBI this year.
- Daniel Vogelbach is batting .230 with five doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 17 walks.
- Jack Suwinski is hitting .228 with five doubles, eight home runs and nine walks.
Betting Tips for Braves vs. Pirates
We have the Pirates on the moneyline at +211 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price