The Atlanta Braves (16-18) are -118 favorites to take Game 3 of th series from the San Diego Padres (21-13) Sunday at 11:35 AM ET. The teams enter the matchup with the series record tied, and the underdog Padres are listed with -102 odds to win the rubber match and take the series victory. Kyle Wright takes the mound for Atlanta while Joe Musgrove is San Diego’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Braves vs. Padres Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Braves vs. Padres
Our computer pick: San Diego Padres (-102) and Over (8)
Braves vs. Padres Game Info
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Kyle Wright
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Joe Musgrove
- Game Day: Sunday, May 15, 2022
- Game Time: 11:35 AM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Atlanta Braves vs San Diego Padres Pitching Matchup
Braves Starter Kyle Wright
- Wright (3-2 with a 3.03 ERA and 41 strikeouts in 35 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Braves, his seventh of the season.
- His most recent appearance came on Tuesday against the Boston Red Sox, when the right-hander tossed 4 2/3 innings, surrendering six earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 3.03, with 10.3 strikeouts per nine innings, in six games this season. Opponents have a .229 batting average against him.
- Wright has collected four quality starts this season.
- Wright will try to collect his sixth matchup of five or more innings pitched this season. He’s averaging 5.3 innings per appearance.
- He will match up with a Padres offense that is hitting .230 as a unit (20th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .368 (17th in MLB) with 30 total home runs (14th in MLB).
- Wright has pitched five innings, giving up two earned runs on five hits while striking out nine against the Padres this season.
- This season, the 26-year-old ranks 26th in ERA (3.03), 30th in WHIP (1.150), and 12th in K/9 (10.3) among qualifying pitchers.
Padres Starter Joe Musgrove
- Musgrove (4-0) will take the mound for the Padres, his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in seven innings against the Miami Marlins.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 2.08, a 13.667 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .897 in six games this season.
- He’s looking to extend his six-game quality start streak.
- Musgrove has six starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Braves have scored 143 runs this season, which ranks 10th in MLB. They have 255 hits, 16th in baseball, with 43 home runs (fourth in the league).
- The right-hander has faced the Braves one time this season, allowing them to go 4-for-23 with a double in 6 2/3 innings.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign, the 29-year-old ranks 11th in ERA (2.08), fifth in WHIP (.897), and 18th in K/9 (9.5).
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Braves have won 10 out of the 22 games, or 45.5%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Atlanta has entered 20 games this season favored by -118 or more and is 9-11 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the Braves, based on the moneyline, is 54.1%.
- Games involving Atlanta have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 19 of 34 chances this season.
- The Braves are 14-20-0 ATS in their 34 games with a spread this season.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres have won in four of the nine contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, San Diego has come away with a win three times in eight chances when named as an underdog of at least -102 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Padres have an implied victory probability of 50.5% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Contests with San Diego have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 18 of 35 chances this season.
- The Padres are 18-17-0 against the spread in their 35 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Matt Olson comes into Sunday’s game as the Braves top run producer, collecting 15 RBI while crushing four home runs in 2022. His .262 average is also best on the squad.
- In all of the majors, Olson ranks 59th in homers and 66th in RBI.
- Ozzie Albies’ 15 runs batted in lead his team.
- Albies is 24th in homers and 66th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Albies heads into this game looking for his fourth game in a row with a hit. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with two doubles and two RBI.
- Austin Riley paces the Braves in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (15).
- Marcell Ozuna is hitting .205 with five doubles, five home runs and seven walks.
- Ozuna takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .111 with a home run, two walks and four RBI.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado has hit a team-high seven home runs.
- Machado’s home run total places him 14th in MLB, and he ranks 13th in RBI.
- Eric Hosmer’s 24 RBI and .364 batting average both lead his team.
- Hosmer ranks 59th in home runs and eighth in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Jurickson Profar is batting .183 with seven doubles, a triple, five home runs and 21 walks.
- Ha-Seong Kim is hitting .213 with four doubles, a triple, four home runs and 13 walks.
Betting Tips for Braves vs. Padres
We have the Padres on the moneyline at -102 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price