The Atlanta Braves (15-18), led by William Contreras on a two-game home run streak, are -130 favorites on the moneyline to defeat the San Diego Padres (21-12). First pitch is set for 4:05 PM ET Saturday, live from Truist Park. Charlie Morton takes the mound for Atlanta while Sean Manaea is San Diego’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Braves vs. Padres Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Braves vs. Padres
Our computer pick: San Diego Padres (+110) and Over (8)
Braves vs. Padres Game Info
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Charlie Morton
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Sean Manaea
- Game Day: Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Atlanta Braves vs San Diego Padres Pitching Matchup
Braves Starter Charlie Morton
- Morton (2-3) takes the mound for the Braves in his seventh start of the season. He has a 5.65 ERA in 28 2/3 innings pitched, with 23 strikeouts.
- In his last appearance on Sunday against the Milwaukee Brewers, the righty tossed five scoreless innings while surrendering two hits.
- In six games this season, the 38-year-old has put up a 5.65 ERA and 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .264 to his opponents.
- So far this season, Morton does not have a quality start.
- Morton will aim to go five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He’s averaging 4.2 frames per outing.
- He meets a Padres offense that ranks seventh in the league with 148 runs while batting .233 as a squad. It has a collective .373 slugging percentage (16th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 30 home runs (13th in MLB).
- In five innings over one appearance against the Padres this season, Morton has a 9.00 ERA and a 2.400 WHIP while his opponents are hitting .391.
Padres Starter Sean Manaea
- The Padres will send Manaea (2-3) to the mound for his seventh start this season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw six innings against the Miami Marlins, giving up three earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 3.75 and 9.5 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .209 in six games this season.
- He’s going for his third quality start in a row.
- Manaea has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Braves rank 14th in MLB with 137 runs scored this season. They have a .227 batting average this campaign with 41 home runs (fifth in the league).
- The 30-year-old’s 3.75 ERA ranks 36th, 1.111 WHIP ranks 28th, and 9.5 K/9 ranks 17th among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves have won nine, or 42.9%, of the 21 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Atlanta has entered 17 games this season favored by -130 or more and is 8-9 in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Braves have a 56.5% chance to win.
- Atlanta and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 18 of their 33 opportunities.
- The Braves are 14-19-0 against the spread in their 33 chances this season.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres have been chosen as underdogs in eight games this year and have walked away with the win four times (50%) in those games.
- San Diego has a win-loss record of 3-2 when favored by +110 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The Padres have an implied victory probability of 47.6% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- San Diego’s games have gone over the total in 17 of their 34 opportunities.
- The Padres are 17-17-0 against the spread in their 34 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Braves best hitter thus far this season is Matt Olson, who’s hitting at a team-leading .262 rate along with three homers and 14 RBI.
- Among all MLB hitters, Olson is 65th in batting average, 22nd in on-base percentage, and 46th in slugging.
- Ozzie Albies is batting .231 with five doubles, six home runs and 10 walks.
- Albies ranks 24th in home runs and 98th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Albies enters this matchup looking for his third game in a row with a hit. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with a double and an RBI.
- Austin Riley has racked up a team-best seven home runs.
- Marcell Ozuna has five doubles, four home runs and seven walks while hitting .203.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado has launched a team-high seven home runs.
- Machado’s home run total places him 12th in MLB, and he ranks 14th in RBI.
- Eric Hosmer has 23 runs batted in while hitting .377. Both lead his team.
- Hosmer ranks 57th in home runs and 10th in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Jurickson Profar has seven doubles, a triple, five home runs and 20 walks while hitting .188.
- Ha-Seong Kim is batting .224 with four doubles, a triple, four home runs and 13 walks.
Betting Tips for Braves vs. Padres
Our best bet is the Padres on the moneyline at +110 after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price