The San Diego Padres (20-12) will lean on Luke Voit, following a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Atlanta Braves (15-17) on Friday at 7:20 PM ET. The Padres are +125 underdogs for the contest, according to bookmakers. Max Fried takes the mound for Atlanta while Yu Darvish is San Diego’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Braves vs. Padres Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Braves vs. Padres
Our computer pick: San Diego Padres (+125) and Over (7)
Braves vs. Padres Game Info
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Max Fried
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Yu Darvish
- Game Day: Friday, May 13, 2022
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Atlanta Braves vs San Diego Padres Pitching Matchup
Braves Starter Max Fried
- Fried (4-2 with a 2.68 ERA and 35 strikeouts in 37 innings pitched) gets the start for the Braves, his seventh of the season.
- The left-hander’s last time out was on Saturday against the Milwaukee Brewers, when he went seven innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up four hits.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 2.68, with 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings, in six games this season. Opponents have a .212 batting average against him.
- Fried is looking to secure his fifth straight quality start in this matchup.
- Fried will aim to go five or more innings for his seventh straight start. He’s averaging 6.1 frames per outing.
- The opposing Padres offense has the 20th-ranked slugging percentage (.363) and is 14th in MLB play with 28 home runs. It has a collective .227 batting average, and is 16th in MLB with 236 total hits and eighth in MLB action scoring 137 runs.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 28-year-old ranks 24th in ERA (2.68), fourth in WHIP (.838), and 28th in K/9 (8.5).
Padres Starter Yu Darvish
- Darvish (3-1) will take the mound for the Padres, his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in seven innings against the Miami Marlins.
- The 35-year-old has pitched to a 4.05 ERA this season with 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.7 walks per nine across six games.
- He’s going for his fifth quality start in a row.
- Darvish has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Braves are batting .224 this season, 23rd in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .394 (seventh in the league) with 39 home runs.
- The Braves have gone 4-for-24 with two doubles, a home run and an RBI in 6 2/3 innings this season against the right-hander.
- The 35-year-old ranks 45th in ERA (4.05), 28th in WHIP (1.080), and 38th in K/9 (7.6) among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Braves have won nine out of the 20 games, or 45%, in which they’ve been favored.
- This season, Atlanta has won five of its 11 games, or 45.5%, when favored by at least -147 on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 59.5% chance of a victory for the Braves.
- So far this season, Atlanta and its opponents have hit the over in 17 of their 32 games with a total.
- The Braves are 14-18-0 ATS in their 32 games with a spread this season.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres have won in three of the seven contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- San Diego has a mark of 1-2 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +125 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Padres have a 44.4% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- San Diego and their opponents have gone over in 16 of their 33 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Padres are 16-17-0 against the spread in their 33 games that had a posted line this season.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Matt Olson’s .269 average leads the Braves this year. His resume also includes three homers and driven in 14 RBI.
- Including all MLB hitters, Olson is 49th in batting average, 24th in on-base percentage, and 41st in slugging.
- Olson carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .200 with three doubles, two walks and three RBI.
- Ozzie Albies is batting .224 with four doubles, six home runs and 10 walks.
- Albies ranks 22nd in homers and 88th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Austin Riley has hit a team-best seven home runs.
- Marcell Ozuna is batting .203 with five doubles, four home runs and seven walks.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado leads the squad with a batting average of .383, and paces the Padres in home runs, with seven and runs batted in with 22.
- Machado is 11th in home runs and 10th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Machado brings a hitting streak of seven games into this game. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .378 with a double, three home runs, seven walks and seven RBI.
- Eric Hosmer is batting .367 with eight doubles, four home runs and 13 walks.
- Hosmer is 55th overall in homers and 16th in RBI this year.
- Jurickson Profar is hitting .187 with six doubles, a triple, five home runs and 19 walks.
- Jake Cronenworth is hitting .214 with four doubles, two triples, two home runs and 18 walks.
Betting Tips for Braves vs. Padres
After taking a look at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Padres on the moneyline at +125. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price