The Washington Nationals (23-41) will try to end their three-game losing streak when they host the Atlanta Braves (36-27) on Wednesday at 7:05 PM ET. Sportsbooks consider the Braves to be -183 favorites for the contest, while the Nationals are +157 underdogs looking for the upset. Spencer Strider will get the ball for Atlanta while Washington counter with Erick Fedde.
Table of Contents
Braves vs. Nationals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Braves vs. Nationals
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+157) and Over (9)
Braves vs. Nationals Game Info
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Spencer Strider
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Erick Fedde
- Game Day: Wednesday, June 15, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
Atlanta Braves vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Braves Starter Spencer Strider
- Strider makes the start for the Braves, his fourth of the season. He is 2-2 with a 2.82 ERA and 57 strikeouts in 38 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Friday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when the righty tossed 5 2/3 scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- The 23-year-old has an ERA of 2.82, with 13.4 strikeouts per nine innings, in 14 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .176 batting average against him.
- He will take the mound against a Nationals team that is batting .256 as a unit (fourth in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .379 (21st in MLB) with 50 total home runs (25th in MLB).
- Strider has a 2.7 ERA and a 1.8 WHIP against the Nationals this season in 3 1/3 innings pitched, allowing a .250 batting average over one appearance.
Nationals Starter Erick Fedde
- The Nationals will send Fedde (4-4) to the mound for his 13th start this season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed four hits in 5 2/3 innings pitched against the Milwaukee Brewers on Friday.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 4.87 ERA this season with 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 4.4 walks per nine across 12 games.
- He has two quality starts in 12 chances this season.
- Fedde has seven starts of five or more innings this season in 12 chances. He averages 4.2 innings per outing.
- The Braves are batting .246 this season, 12th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .440 (first in the league) with 94 home runs.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves have won 28, or 63.6%, of the 44 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Atlanta has a record of 11-3, a 78.6% win rate, when favored by -183 or more by bookmakers this season.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Braves have a 64.7% chance to win.
- Atlanta and its opponents have hit the over in 33 of their 62 games with a total this season.
- The Braves are 32-30-0 against the spread in their 62 chances this season.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have been victorious in 18, or 33.3%, of the 54 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, Washington has won six of 20 games when listed as at least +157 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Nationals have a 38.9% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Washington and their opponents have hit the over in 34 of their 64 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Nationals are 26-38-0 against the spread in their 64 games that had a posted line this season.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Dansby Swanson is the Braves best hitter, putting together an average of .287 while also being the team’s top run producer, collecting 37 RBI and hitting nine round-trippers.
- Including all MLB hitters, Swanson is 27th in batting average, 36th in on-base percentage, and 34th in slugging.
- Swanson takes a hitting streak of nine games into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is batting .341 with two doubles, three home runs, four walks and 11 RBI.
- Austin Riley has shown off his power as he leads his team with 16 home runs.
- Riley is sixth in home runs in MLB, and 31st in RBI.
- Matt Olson is batting .249 with 24 doubles, eight home runs and 37 walks.
- Olson will look to build on his three-game hitting in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .200 with a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Marcell Ozuna is batting .232 with eight doubles, 12 home runs and 14 walks.
- Ozuna has recorded at least one hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a double, two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Juan Soto paces the Nationals with 13 home runs.
- Soto’s home run total places him 17th in the majors, and he is 73rd in RBI.
- Josh Bell has a club-leading 38 runs batted in and .298 batting average.
- Among all MLB batters, Bell ranks 74th in homers and 18th in RBI.
- Nelson Cruz is batting .265 with nine doubles, seven home runs and 25 walks.
- Cesar Hernandez has 14 doubles, a triple and 17 walks while batting .269.
Betting Tips for Braves vs. Nationals
We have the Nationals on the moneyline at +157 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price