The Atlanta Braves (7-8) are set to take on the Miami Marlins (5-7) Saturday at 7:20 PM ET. The Braves are listed as -163 favorites by sportsbooks, while the underdog Marlins have +139 odds for the contest. Atlanta’s Ian Anderson and Miami’s Elieser Hernandez have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Braves vs. Marlins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Braves vs. Marlins
Our computer pick: Miami Marlins (+139) and Over (8)
Braves vs. Marlins Game Info
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Ian Anderson
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Elieser Hernandez
- Game Day: Saturday, April 23, 2022
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Atlanta Braves vs Miami Marlins Pitching Matchup
Braves Starter Ian Anderson
- The Braves will look to Anderson (1-1) in his third start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday against the San Diego Padres, when he threw 5 2/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up two hits.
- Opposing hitters have a collective batting average of only .167 against him this season. He has a 6.48 ERA and 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings over his two appearances.
- He meets a Marlins offense that ranks 24th in the league with 42 runs while batting .224 as a unit. It has a collective .349 slugging percentage (18th in MLB action) and has hit a total of nine home runs (25th in MLB).
Marlins Starter Elieser Hernandez
- Hernandez will get the start for the Marlins, his third of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday against the Philadelphia Phillies, throwing 6 2/3 innings and giving up one earned run.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 4.22, a 2.75 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.313.
- He has one quality starts in two chances this season.
- Hernandez has made one start of five or more innings in two chances this season, and averages 5.1 frames when he pitches.
- The Braves have scored 57 runs this season, which ranks 11th in MLB. They have 112 hits, sixth in baseball, with 16 home runs (second in the league).
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Braves have been favored eight times and won four of those games.
- Atlanta has a record of 3-4 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -163 on the moneyline.
- The Braves have a 62% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Atlanta have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in six of 15 chances this season.
- The Braves are 6-9-0 against the spread in their 15 chances this season.
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Marlins have been underdogs in eight games this season and have come away with the win two times (25%) in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have given Miami the worst odds of winning they have seen this season with a +139 moneyline listed for this contest.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Marlins have a 41.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- Contests with Miami have gone over the total set by bookmakers in three of 12 chances this season.
- The Marlins have posted a record of 7-5-0 against the spread this season.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Matt Olson leads the Braves with a .389 batting average.
- In all of the majors, Olson ranks 40th in homers and 129th in RBI.
- Ozzie Albies has hit five home runs to pace his team.
- Albies is second in home runs in MLB, and 23rd in RBI.
- Marcell Ozuna leads the Braves with 10 runs batted in.
- Ozuna will look to build on his two-game hitting in this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .158 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Austin Riley is hitting .275 with four doubles, two home runs and eight walks.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jesus Sanchez leads the Marlins with three homers while posting a team-leading batting average of .327.
- Sanchez’s home run total puts him 14th in the majors, and he ranks 23rd in RBI.
- Jazz Chisholm been a consistent power bat this season, as he leads his team with three home runs and 12 runs batted in.
- Among all major league batters, Chisholm is 14th in home runs and fifth in RBI.
- Joey Wendle is batting .333 with three doubles and two walks.
- Miguel Rojas is batting .179 with a double, a triple and two walks.
|Bryan De La Cruz||8||.444||.583||.778||1||2||4|
Betting Tips for Braves vs. Marlins
Our best bet is the Marlins on the moneyline at +139 after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price