The Atlanta Braves (37-29) will be out to avoid the sweep when they visit the Chicago Cubs (25-40) to complete a three-game series. Oddsmakers have listed the Braves as -157 favorites for the series finale, while the Cubs are +135 underdogs. Ian Anderson starts for Atlanta while Kyle Hendricks is Chicago’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Braves vs. Cubs Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Braves vs. Cubs
Our computer pick: Chicago Cubs (+135) and Over (8)
Braves vs. Cubs Game Info
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Ian Anderson
- Chicago Cubs probable starting pitcher: Kyle Hendricks
- Game Day: Sunday, June 19, 2022
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Atlanta Braves vs Chicago Cubs Pitching Matchup
Braves Starter Ian Anderson
- Anderson makes the start for the Braves, his 13th of the season. He is 5-3 with a 4.81 ERA and 53 strikeouts in 63 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Monday, the righty threw four innings against the Washington Nationals, allowing four earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 24-year-old has a 4.81 ERA and 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings in 12 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .257 to opposing hitters.
- Anderson heads into this game with three quality starts under his belt this year.
- Anderson heads into the game with 10 outings of five or more innings pitched this campaign.
- He meets a Cubs offense that ranks 21st in the league with 275 runs while batting .243 as a squad. It has a collective .392 slugging percentage (16th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 65 home runs (17th in MLB).
Cubs Starter Kyle Hendricks
- Hendricks (2-5) will take the mound for the Cubs, his 13th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw five innings against the San Diego Padres, giving up one earned run while allowing four hits.
- The 32-year-old has pitched in 12 games this season with an ERA of 4.95 and 6.1 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .260.
- He has started 12 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in two of them.
- Hendricks has pitched five or more innings in two straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Braves rank seventh in MLB with 311 runs scored this season. They have a .246 batting average this campaign with 98 home runs (second in the league).
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Braves have won 29 out of the 47 games, or 61.7%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Atlanta is 18-9 this season when entering a game favored by -157 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 61.1% chance of a victory for the Braves.
- Atlanta and its opponents have hit the over in 35 of their 65 games with a total this season.
- In 65 games with a spread this season, the Braves are 33-32-0 ATS.
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cubs have been chosen as underdogs in 46 games this year and have walked away with the win 18 times (39.1%) in those games.
- This season, Chicago has been victorious eight times in 19 chances when named as an underdog of at least +135 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cubs have a 42.6% chance of walking away with the win.
- Chicago and their opponents have gone over in 33 of their 65 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Cubs are 33-32-0 against the spread in their 65 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Riley has put up a team-best 18 home runs and 40 runs batted in.
- Riley’s home runs place him fourth in the majors, and he is 21st in RBI.
- Dansby Swanson is hitting .286 to lead his team.
- Swanson ranks 51st in home runs and 27th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Matt Olson is hitting .242 with 24 doubles, eight home runs and 39 walks.
- Marcell Ozuna has nine doubles, 12 home runs and 17 walks while hitting .227.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Willson Contreras paces the Cubs with 12 home runs and has accumulated a team-high batting average of .284.
- Contreras’ home run total places him 26th in MLB, and he is 96th in RBI.
- Contreras brings a hitting streak of six games into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is batting .316 with three doubles, three home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Ian Happ has 13 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 34 walks while hitting .279.
- Among all major league hitters, Happ ranks 85th in home runs and 62nd in RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom has 12 home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .273 with five doubles, three triples, three home runs and five walks.
Betting Tips for Braves vs. Cubs
Our best bet is the Cubs on the moneyline at +135 after analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price