Patrick Wisdom leads the Chicago Cubs (7-10) into Wednesday’s matchup with the Atlanta Braves (8-10) on a two-game homer streak. His Cubs are underdogs for the contest, however, with oddsmakers naming the Braves as -204 moneyline favorites. The game starts at 7:20 PM ET from Truist Park. Charlie Morton will get the ball for Atlanta while Chicago counter with Mark Leiter Jr..
Table of Contents
Braves vs. Cubs Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Braves vs. Cubs
Our computer pick: Chicago Cubs (+173) and Over (8.5)
Braves vs. Cubs Game Info
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Charlie Morton
- Chicago Cubs probable starting pitcher: Mark Leiter Jr.
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 27, 2022
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Atlanta Braves vs Chicago Cubs Pitching Matchup
Braves Starter Charlie Morton
- Morton gets the start for the Braves, his fourth of the season. He is 1-2 with a 6.32 ERA and 14 strikeouts in 15 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s last appearance came on Wednesday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, when he tossed 5 1/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 38-year-old has an ERA of 6.32, with 8.0 strikeouts per nine innings, in three games this season. Opponents are batting .274 against him.
- Morton is aiming for his fourth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance on the hill.
- He will take the hill against a Cubs offense that is hitting .266 as a unit (first in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .412 (fourth in MLB) with 14 total home runs (17th in MLB).
Cubs Starter Mark Leiter Jr.
- The Cubs’ Mark Leiter Jr. will make his third start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Thursday, when he threw four innings against the Pittsburgh Pirates, giving up two earned runs.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 11.05, a batting average against of .286 and 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Braves rank 14th in MLB with 71 runs scored this season. They have a .230 batting average this campaign with 21 home runs (third in the league).
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Braves have won five out of the 11 games, or 45.5%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Atlanta has played as a favorite of -204 or more twice this season and lost both games.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 67.1% chance of a victory for the Braves.
- Atlanta and its opponents have hit the over in eight of their 18 games with a total this season.
- The Braves are 7-11-0 against the spread this season.
Cubs Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cubs have come away with five wins in the 11 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Chicago has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +173.
- The Cubs have an implied victory probability of 36.6% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in seven of their 17 opportunities.
- In 17 games with a line this season, the Cubs have a mark of 9-8-0 against the spread.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Braves best power option comes in the form of Ozzie Albies and his six-homer 11-RBI season, both team highs.
- In all of MLB, Albies ranks first in homers and 23rd in RBI.
- Matt Olson is batting .333 to pace his team.
- Olson ranks 60th in homers and 125th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Austin Riley is batting .277 with six doubles, four home runs and eight walks.
- Marcell Ozuna is batting .275 with five doubles, four home runs and three walks.
- Ozuna takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
Cubs Leaders & Batting Stats
- Seiya Suzuki paces the Cubs in home runs (four) and runs batted in (13).
- Suzuki ranks 11th in homers and 10th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Ian Happ’s .333 batting average paces his team.
- Happ is 60th in homers and 33rd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Willson Contreras is batting .255 with five doubles, two home runs and six walks.
- Nico Hoerner is hitting .327 with two doubles, a triple, a home run and a walk.
Betting Tips for Braves vs. Cubs
After analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Cubs on the moneyline at +173. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price