The Atlanta Braves (13-16) host the Milwaukee Brewers (18-9) at 1:35 PM ET Sunday for a sluggers’ duel between two of the best home-run hitters in baseball. Austin Riley has racked up seven homers this season (No. 6 in the league) for the favored Braves which sit as -120 favorites, while Willy Adames ranks sixth in the majors with seven dingers of his own for the underdogs. Charlie Morton starts for Atlanta while Aaron Ashby is Milwaukee’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Braves vs. Brewers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Braves vs. Brewers
Our computer pick: Milwaukee Brewers (+101) and Over (8)
Braves vs. Brewers Game Info
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Charlie Morton
- Milwaukee Brewers probable starting pitcher: Aaron Ashby
- Game Day: Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Atlanta Braves vs Milwaukee Brewers Pitching Matchup
Braves Starter Charlie Morton
- The Braves are sending Morton (1-3) out to make his sixth start of the season. He is 1-3 with a 6.85 ERA and 18 strikeouts through 23 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Tuesday against the New York Mets, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up six hits.
- In five games this season, the 38-year-old has a 6.85 ERA and 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .287 to opposing hitters.
- So far this season, Morton has not registered a quality start.
- Morton is looking to pick up his fifth start of five or more innings this year in this game.
- He will face off against a Brewers offense that ranks 11th in MLB with 211 total hits (on a .238 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .419 (first in MLB) with 36 total home runs (first in MLB).
Brewers Starter Aaron Ashby
- The Brewers’ Ashby will make his second start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched out of the bullpen on Tuesday, when he threw 2 1/3 scoreless innings while allowing two hits to the Cincinnati Reds.
- He has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 2.63, a 2 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.610.
- The Braves have scored 113 runs this season, which ranks 13th in MLB. They are batting .223 for the campaign with 34 home runs, third in the league.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves have entered the game as favorites 17 times this season and won seven, or 41.2%, of those games.
- This season, Atlanta has won seven of its 15 games, or 46.7%, when favored by at least -120 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 54.5% chance of a victory for the Braves.
- Games involving Atlanta have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 15 of 29 chances this season.
- The Braves have an ATS record of 12-17-0 in 29 games with a spread this season.
Brewers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Brewers have come away with two wins in the three contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Milwaukee has been victorious two times in three chances when named as an underdog of at least +101 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Brewers have a 49.8% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Milwaukee’s games have gone over the total in 11 of their 27 opportunities.
- The Brewers have posted a record of 14-13-0 against the spread this season.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Matt Olson has racked up a team-best batting average of .267.
- Including all MLB hitters, Olson is 52nd in batting average, 22nd in on-base percentage, and 45th in slugging.
- Ozzie Albies has four doubles, six home runs and 10 walks while hitting .230.
- Of all MLB hitters, Albies is 13th in home runs and 57th in RBI.
- Albies carries a four-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .286 with two RBI.
- Riley paces the Braves in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (14).
- Marcell Ozuna has five doubles, four home runs and five walks while hitting .219.
Brewers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Willy Adames has swatted a team- leading eight long balls.
- In all of the majors, Adames ranks third in home runs and fourth in RBI.
- Adames has collected a hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .263 with a double, three home runs, four walks and eight RBI.
- Rowdy Tellez has a club-leading 23 RBI and .279 batting average.
- Among all major league hitters, Rowdy Tellez ranks sixth in home runs and third in RBI.
- Christian Yelich is batting .255 with seven doubles, four home runs and 13 walks.
- Hunter Renfroe is hitting .234 with five doubles, six home runs and five walks.
Betting Tips for Braves vs. Brewers
Our best bet is the Brewers on the moneyline at +101 after taking a look at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price