The Boston Red Sox will look to pick up their sixth win of the season when they take on the Minnesota Twins (2-6) Monday. The game begins at 11:10 AM ET, with the Red Sox listed as -143 favorites on the moneyline. Boston’s Rich Hill gets the start, and he’ll go against Minnesota’s Dylan Bundy.
Table of Contents
Boston Red Sox vs. Minnesota Twins: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Red Sox vs. Twins
Our computer pick: Minnesota Twins (+123) and Over (9)
Red Sox vs. Twins Game Info
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Rich Hill
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Dylan Bundy
- Game Day: Monday, April 18, 2022
- Game Time: 11:10 AM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Boston Red Sox vs Minnesota Twins Pitching Matchup
Red Sox Starter Rich Hill
- Hill (0-0) gets the start for the Red Sox, his second of the season.
- The lefty last pitched on Tuesday against the Detroit Tigers, when he went 4 1/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Opposing hitters have a collective batting average of .278 against him this season. He has a 6.23 ERA and 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings over his one appearances.
- The opposing Twins offense has a collective .165 batting average, and is last in the league with 41 total hits and 27th in MLB action with 25 runs scored. It has the 25th-ranked slugging percentage (.319) and ranks sixth in home runs (10) in all of MLB.
Twins Starter Dylan Bundy
- Bundy gets the nod for the Twins and will make his first start of the season.
- The last time the 29-year-old pitched was on Tuesday, Aug. 24 against the Baltimore Orioles. The righty threw 1 1/3 innings as the starter in that matchup.
- He pitched to a 6.06 ERA while striking out 8.3 batters per nine innings with a record of 2-9 last season.
- The Red Sox have scored 42 runs this season, which ranks seventh in MLB. They have 69 hits, 15th in baseball, with nine home runs (11th in the league).
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox entered a game as favorites 106 times last season and won 63, or 59.4%, of those games.
- Boston had a record of 38-19, a 66.7% win rate, when favored by -143 or more by bookmakers last season.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 58.8% chance of a victory for the Red Sox.
- Boston and its opponents hit the over in 80 of their 169 games with a total last season.
- The Red Sox were 68-60-0 ATS in their 128 games with a spread last season.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Twins have won in one of the five contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Minnesota has been listed as an underdog of +123 or more on two occasions this season and lost both games.
- The Twins have an implied victory probability of 44.8% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Minnesota and their opponents have hit the over in two of their eight games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Twins have an against the spread mark of 2-6-0 in eight games with a line this season.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers has racked up a team-high batting average of .368.
- Devers ranks 20th in home runs and 18th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Devers has collected a hit in six games in a row. In his last nine outings he is batting .368 with three doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has hit three home runs with eight runs batted in. Both lead his team.
- Verdugo ranks fifth in home runs and 10th in RBI in the majors.
- Kike Hernandez is batting .184 with five doubles, a home run and five walks.
- Hernandez has at least one base hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with five doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- J.D. Martinez is batting .250 with four doubles, a home run and four walks.
- Martinez brings a six-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last nine games he is batting .250 with four doubles, a home run, four walks and six RBI.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Luis Arraez leads the Twins with a .217 batting average.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Arraez is 60th in home runs and 112th in RBI.
- Max Kepler has a double, a home run and three walks while hitting .192.
- Among all MLB hitters, Kepler is 60th in home runs and 112th in RBI.
- Byron Buxton leads the Twins with three long balls.
- Gio Urshela is batting .222 with a home run and two walks.
Betting Tips for Red Sox vs. Twins
Our best bet is the Twins on the moneyline at +123 after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price