The Boston Red Sox will look to pick up their fifth win of the season when they take on the Minnesota Twins (2-5) Sunday. The game begins at 1:35 PM ET, with the Red Sox listed as -117 favorites on the moneyline. Michael Wacha will get the ball for Boston while Minnesota counter with Bailey Ober.
Table of Contents
Boston Red Sox vs. Minnesota Twins: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Red Sox vs. Twins
Our computer pick: Minnesota Twins (-103) and Under (9.5)
Red Sox vs. Twins Game Info
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Michael Wacha
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Bailey Ober
- Game Day: Sunday, April 17, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Boston Red Sox vs Minnesota Twins Pitching Matchup
Red Sox Starter Michael Wacha
- The Red Sox will look to Wacha (0-0) in his second start this season.
- The righty last pitched on Monday against the Detroit Tigers, when he threw 4 1/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up two hits.
- In his one games this season, opposing hitters have a collective batting average of only .143 against him. He has a 2.08 ERA and averages 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings.
- He will face off against a Twins offense that is batting .169 as a unit (29th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .342 (22nd in MLB) with 10 total home runs (fifth in MLB).
Twins Starter Bailey Ober
- The Twins’ Ober will make his second start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday against the Seattle Mariners, throwing five innings and giving up four earned runs.
- He has an ERA of 7.20, a batting average against of .222 and 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings in one games this season.
- The Red Sox rank 15th in MLB with 34 runs scored this season. They have a .217 batting average this campaign with nine home runs (seventh in the league).
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox have won three of the five games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Boston has a record of 3-2 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -117 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Red Sox have a 53.9% chance to win.
- Boston’s games have gone over the total in three of their eight chances.
- The Red Sox are 5-3-0 against the spread in their eight chances this season.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Twins have been chosen as underdogs in four games this year and have walked away with the win one time (25%) in those games.
- This season, Minnesota has been victorious one time in four chances when named as an underdog of at least -103 or longer on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Twins have a 50.7% chance of pulling out a win.
- Minnesota and their opponents have gone over in two of their seven games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Twins are 2-5-0 against the spread in their seven games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers comes into Sunday’s game hitting .353 with seven RBI, both team-leading marks for the Red Sox. He has also connected on two long balls in 2022.
- Devers’ home runs place him 19th in the majors, and he ranks 11th in RBI.
- Devers has collected a hit in six games in a row. During his last eight outings he is batting .353 with three doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has hit three home runs with seven runs batted in. Both pace his team.
- Verdugo is fourth in home runs in the majors, and 11th in RBI.
- Kike Hernandez is batting .182 with five doubles, a home run and five walks.
- Hernandez has at least one base hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .300 with five doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- J.D. Martinez is batting .241 with three doubles, a home run and four walks.
- Martinez is riding a six-game hitting streak into this one. During his last eight outings he is hitting .241 with three doubles, a home run, four walks and four RBI.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Luis Arraez is hitting .263 with a double, a home run and two walks.
- Arraez’s home run total puts him 55th in MLB, and he is 99th in RBI.
- Max Kepler has a double, a home run and three walks while batting .182.
- Kepler is 55th overall in home runs and 99th in RBI this year.
- Byron Buxton leads the Twins with three long balls while collecting a team-leading batting average of .190.
- Gio Urshela is batting .143 with a home run and two walks.
Betting Tips for Red Sox vs. Twins
After looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Twins on the moneyline at -103. Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 9.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price