Seeking their fourth win of the year, the Boston Red Sox (3-4) are favorites (-113) on the moneyline when they take on the Minnesota Twins (2-4) Saturday at 4:10 PM ET. Tanner Houck will get the ball for Boston while Minnesota counter with Sonny Gray.
Table of Contents
Boston Red Sox vs. Minnesota Twins: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Red Sox vs. Twins
Our computer pick: Minnesota Twins (-106) and Over (9.5)
Red Sox vs. Twins Game Info
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Tanner Houck
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Sonny Gray
- Game Day: Saturday, April 16, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Boston Red Sox vs Minnesota Twins Pitching Matchup
Red Sox Starter Tanner Houck
- The Red Sox will send Houck (0-0) to the mound for his second start of the season.
- His last appearance was on Sunday against the New York Yankees, when the righty tossed 3 1/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Opposing hitters have a collective batting average of .400 against him this season. He has an 8.10 ERA and 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings over his one games.
- He will face off against a Twins offense that is hitting .168 as a unit (29th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .363 (21st in MLB) with 10 total home runs (second in MLB).
Twins Starter Sonny Gray
- The Twins’ Gray will make his second start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw 4 2/3 innings, giving up two earned runs while allowing four hits against the Seattle Mariners.
- He has an ERA of 3.86, a 2 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.286 in one games this season.
- The Red Sox are batting .218 this season, 21st in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .378 (18th in the league) with seven home runs.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Red Sox have been favored four times and won two of those games.
- Boston has entered four games this season favored by -113 or more and is 2-2 in those contests.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 53.1% chance of a victory for the Red Sox.
- Boston and its opponents have hit the over in three of their seven games with a total this season.
- The Red Sox have an ATS record of 4-3-0 in seven games with a spread this season.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Twins won in 31, or 43.1%, of the 72 contests they were named as odds-on underdogs in last year.
- Last season, Minnesota was victorious 31 times in 72 chances when named as an underdog of -106 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Twins have an implied victory probability of 51.5% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Minnesota and its opponents hit the over in 83 of their 157 games with a total set by oddsmakers last season.
- The Twins posted a record of 43-70-0 against the spread last season.
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox with two home runs and seven runs batted in, while accumulating a team-best batting average of .367.
- Devers’ home runs rank him 11th in the majors, and he ranks ninth in RBI.
- Devers has collected a hit in six straight games. During his last seven games he is batting .367 with three doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Alex Verdugo’s two home runs lead his team.
- Verdugo ranks 11th in homers and 27th in RBI in the major leagues.
- J.D. Martinez has three doubles, a home run and three walks while hitting .269.
- Martinez will look to build on his six-game hitting in this matchup. In his last seven outings he is batting .269 with three doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- Kike Hernandez is hitting .167 with four doubles, a home run and four walks.
- Hernandez is riding a two-game hitting streak into this one. In his last five games he is batting .238 with four doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
|Jackie Bradley Jr.||7||.222||.263||.389||0||3||4|
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Max Kepler leads the Twins with a team-high batting average of .222.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Kepler’s home run total is 43rd and his RBI tally is 79th.
- Luis Arraez is batting .250 with a double, a home run and a walk.
- Among all MLB hitters, Arraez is 43rd in home runs and 79th in RBI.
- Byron Buxton leads the Twins with three long balls.
- Gio Urshela has a home run and two walks while batting .200.
Betting Tips for Red Sox vs. Twins
After digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Twins on the moneyline at -106. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 9.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price