Game 4 of the NHL Playoffs First Round on Sunday will see the St. Louis Blues host the Minnesota Wild, beginning at 4:30 PM ET. The Wild are ahead in the series 2-1. Blues (-117) versus Wild (-105) looks pretty even, according to the moneyline odds. Find more below on the Blues vs. Wild betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Blues vs. Wild Spread and Betting Line
Blues vs. Wild Game Info
- Game Day: Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Game Time: 4:30 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Arena: Enterprise Center
Computer Predictions for Blues vs. Wild
|Blues 4 Wild 3|
Blues vs. Wild Betting Trends
- Through 56 games as the moneyline favorite this season, St. Louis has been victorious 36 times.
- In 52 games with lower than -117 moneyline odds this season, the Blues have won 33.
- St. Louis has a 53.9% chance of winning this game, looking at the moneyline odds.
St. Louis Blues Leaders
- Vladimir Tarasenko is one of St. Louis’ leading contributors with 82 points. He has 34 goals and 48 assists this season.
- Robert Thomas has 20 goals and 56 assists to total 76 points (1.1 per game).
- Jordan Kyrou has scored 27 goals and added 48 assists through 74 games for St. Louis.
- Ville Husso (25-7-6) has a goals against average of 2.6 on the season, and 1136 saves. His .919 save percentage ranks 15th in the league.
St. Louis Blues Season Stats
- The Blues’ 309 goals this season make them the third-best scoring team in the league.
- The Blues are ranked 11th in total goals against, giving up 2.9 goals per game (239 total) in NHL play.
- The team’s goal differential is fifth-best in the league at +70.
- The 64 power-play goals the Blues have put up this season have come on 241 power-play chances, ranking them second-best in the NHL.
- The Blues have the NHL’s second-best power-play conversion rate at 26.6%.
- The Blues have scored a total of nine shorthanded goals this season.
- The Blues’ penalty-kill percentage (84.1%) is the NHL’s fifth-best.
- The Blues’ players win 50.3% of their faceoffs to rank 14th in the NHL.
- The Blues shoot 12.4% as a team, top in the league).
- The Blues average 20.2 hits and 12.2 blocked shots per game.
Wild vs. Blues Betting Trends
- The Wild have been made the underdog 23 times this season, and upset their opponent 11 times.
- Minnesota has won nine of its 19 games when it is the underdog by -105 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this contest implies a 51.2% chance for the Wild to win.
Minnesota Wild Leaders
- Kirill Kaprizov has recorded 47 goals (0.6 per game) and put up 61 assists (0.8 per game), averaging 3.6 shots per game and shooting 16.3%. That makes him among the leaders for Minnesota with 108 total points (1.3 per game).
- Kevin Fiala has made a major impact for Minnesota this season with 84 points, thanks to 33 goals and 51 assists.
- Minnesota’s Mats Zuccarello has 79 points, courtesy of 24 goals (fifth on team) and 55 assists (second).
- Marc-Andre Fleury has a .908 save percentage (37th in the league), with 1573 total saves, while allowing 159 goals (2.9 goals against average). He has put up a 28-23-5 record between the posts for Minnesota this season.
Minnesota Wild Season Stats
- The Wild have scored the fifth-most goals (305 goals, 3.7 per game) in the league.
- The Wild’s 249 total goals allowed (3.0 per game) rank 16th in the league.
- Their +56 goal differential is eighth-best in the league.
- The Wild have recorded 53 power-play goals this season (on 258 power-play chances). That ranks 12th in the NHL.
- The Wild have the league’s 18th-ranked power-play conversion rate of 20.5%.
- The Wild have scored two shorthanded goals this season (29th among NHL squads).
- The Wild’s 23rd-ranked penalty kill rate is 76.5%.
- The Wild win 47.6% of their faceoffs. That’s the 27th-ranked percentage in the NHL.
- The Wild are shooting 11.4% (second in the league).
- The Wild have not had a shutout win yet this season.
Blues and Wild Injury Report
Blues: Nick Leddy: Day To Day (Upper-body), Mackenzie MacEachern: Out (Upper-body), Torey Krug: Day To Day (Lower Body), Scott Perunovich: Out (Wrist)
Betting Tips for Blues vs. Wild
We have the Blues predicted as our best bet on the moneyline in this game, and our pick against the spread is the . Our computer model has the scoring going under the total of goals once the game has been played.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price