Expect a display of power when Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (16 HR) and the Toronto Blue Jays (37-27) take on Aaron Judge (25 HR) and the New York Yankees (48-16) at Rogers Centre at 3:07 PM ET. Guerrero and the Blue Jays are -137 favorites on the moneyline for the matchup. Alek Manoah will get the ball for Toronto while New York counter with Jameson Taillon.
Table of Contents
Blue Jays vs. Yankees Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Blue Jays vs. Yankees
Our computer pick: New York Yankees (+116) and Over (8.5)
Blue Jays vs. Yankees Game Info
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: Alek Manoah
- New York Yankees probable starting pitcher: Jameson Taillon
- Game Day: Saturday, June 18, 2022
- Game Time: 3:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
Toronto Blue Jays vs New York Yankees Pitching Matchup
Blue Jays Starter Alek Manoah
- Manoah gets the start for the Blue Jays, his 13th of the season. He is 8-1 with a 1.67 ERA and 68 strikeouts in 75 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Monday against the Baltimore Orioles, when the right-hander threw 6 2/3 scoreless innings while allowing only one hit.
- The 24-year-old has a 1.67 ERA and 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings in 12 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .201 to opposing hitters.
- Manoah is looking for his seventh straight quality start.
- Manoah will try to extend a 13-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.1 innings per outing).
- The opposing Yankees offense has a collective .246 batting average, and is 12th in the league with 524 total hits and second in MLB action with 327 runs scored. It has the best slugging percentage (.439) and ranks first in home runs (105) in all of MLB.
- Manoah has pitched 12 innings, giving up one earned run on four hits while striking out 14 against the Yankees this season.
- The 24-year-old ranks third in ERA (1.67), fifth in WHIP (.912), and 34th in K/9 (8.1) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Yankees Starter Jameson Taillon
- The Yankees will send Taillon (7-1) to the mound for his 13th start this season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Chicago Cubs, giving up three earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 30-year-old has pitched to a 2.93 ERA this season with 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 0.9 walks per nine across 12 games.
- In 12 starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in four of them.
- Taillon has made nine starts of five or more innings in 12 chances this season, and averages 5.2 frames when he pitches.
- The Blue Jays are batting .257 this season, fourth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .428 (third in the league) with 80 home runs.
- The right-hander has allowed the Blue Jays to go 16-for-65 with six doubles, a home run and five RBI in 16 1/3 innings this season.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign, the 30-year-old ranks 23rd in ERA (2.93), 18th in WHIP (1.049), and 51st in K/9 (6.9).
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Blue Jays have been favorites in 48 games this season and won 29 (60.4%) of those contests.
- Toronto has a record of 21-13 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -137 on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Blue Jays have a 57.8% chance to win.
- Toronto’s games have gone over the total in 33 of their 63 chances.
- In 63 games with a spread this season, the Blue Jays are 28-35-0 ATS.
Yankees Betting Picks & Insights
- The Yankees have been underdogs in four games this season and have come away with the win three times (75%) in those contests.
- New York has been listed as an underdog of +116 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- The Yankees have an implied victory probability of 46.3% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- New York and their opponents have hit the over in 28 of their 63 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Yankees have posted a record of 33-30-0 against the spread this season.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Guerrero has gone yard 16 times in the 2022 campaign while driving in 39 runs, both totals that lead the Blue Jays.
- Guerrero’s home runs place him 10th in the majors, and he ranks 23rd in RBI.
- George Springer is hitting .266 with 11 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 20 walks.
- Including all MLB hitters, Springer is 26th in home runs and 46th in RBI.
- Bo Bichette has 15 doubles, 10 home runs and 17 walks while batting .260.
- Alejandro Kirk’s .318 batting average leads his team.
- Kirk brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is batting .313 with a double, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||63||.267||.352||.504||16||39||63|
Yankees Leaders & Batting Stats
- Judge leads the Yankees with 25 home runs and 49 runs batted in, while recording a team-best batting average of .312.
- In all of the big leagues, Judge ranks first in home runs and fourth in RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo has 10 doubles, a triple, 17 home runs and 26 walks while hitting .224.
- Rizzo is currently eighth in home runs and ninth in RBI in the big leagues.
- DJ LeMahieu has 12 doubles, six home runs and 24 walks while batting .266.
- Gleyber Torres has 10 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 13 walks while hitting .254.
Betting Tips for Blue Jays vs. Yankees
After looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Yankees on the moneyline at +116. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price