Entering Tuesday’s matchup with the Toronto Blue Jays (11-6), the Boston Red Sox (7-10) are on a three-game losing streak. The contest starts at 7:07 PM ET with the Blue Jays listed as -185 favorites, while the are +158 underdogs who may be heading for a fourth straight defeat. Kevin Gausman will get the ball for Toronto while Boston counter with Nick Pivetta.
Table of Contents
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Blue Jays vs. Red Sox
Our computer pick: Boston Red Sox (+158) and Over (8)
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Game Info
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: Kevin Gausman
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Nick Pivetta
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 26, 2022
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
Toronto Blue Jays vs Boston Red Sox Pitching Matchup
Blue Jays Starter Kevin Gausman
- Gausman (1-1 with a 2.89 ERA and 22 strikeouts in 18 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Blue Jays, his fourth of the season.
- His most recent appearance was on Thursday against the Boston Red Sox, when the right-hander went eight innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing seven hits.
- The 31-year-old has put up an ERA of 2.89, with 10.6 strikeouts per nine innings, in three games this season. Opponents have a .288 batting average against him.
- Gausman will aim to last five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He’s averaging 6.1 frames per outing.
- The opposing Red Sox offense has a collective .225 batting average, and is 15th in the league with 127 total hits and 18th in MLB action with 60 runs scored. It has the 20th-ranked slugging percentage (.347) and ranks 24th in home runs (11) in all of MLB.
- In eight innings over one appearance against the Red Sox this season, Gausman has a 1.13 ERA and a 0.875 WHIP while his opponents are hitting .250.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB play this season, the 31-year-old ranks 27th in ERA (2.89), 35th in WHIP (1.125), and eighth in K/9 (10.6).
Red Sox Starter Nick Pivetta
- The Red Sox’s Pivetta (0-3) will make his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw four innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, giving up five earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in three games this season with an ERA of 10.03, a 1.111 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 2.143.
- Pivetta has started three games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings one time. He averages 3.3 innings per appearance.
- The Blue Jays rank fifth in MLB with a .253 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks first in the league (.430) and 25 home runs.
- The right-hander has allowed the Blue Jays to go 7-for-18 with a home run and five RBI in four innings this season.
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Blue Jays have been favored 10 times and won eight of those games.
- This season, Toronto has won three of its five games when favored by at least -185 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 64.9% chance of a victory for the Blue Jays.
- So far this season, Toronto and its opponents have hit the over in five of their 16 games with a total.
- The Blue Jays are 9-7-0 against the spread in their 16 chances this season.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox have been chosen as underdogs in nine games this year and have walked away with the win two times (22.2%) in those games.
- Boston has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +158.
- The Red Sox have an implied victory probability of 38.8% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Boston and their opponents have gone over in four of their 17 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 17 games with a line this season, the Red Sox have a mark of 9-8-0 against the spread.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is the bat to watch in the Blue Jays lineup, leading the team in batting average (.344), home runs (5), and RBI (12).
- In all of the majors, Guerrero ranks fifth in homers and 12th in RBI.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. has five doubles, two home runs and three walks while batting .297.
- Gurriel ranks 56th in homers and 26th in RBI among all MLB batters this year.
- George Springer is hitting .279 with five doubles, three home runs and three walks.
- Springer is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is batting .313 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Matt Chapman is batting .246 with three doubles, three home runs and five walks.
- Chapman takes a four-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is batting .286 with two doubles, a home run and three RBI.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||17||.344||.400||.623||5||12||21|
|Lourdes Gurriel Jr.||17||.297||.329||.469||2||10||19|
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Alex Verdugo has a team-high three home runs and has driven in 12 runs.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Verdugo’s home run total is 25th and his RBI tally ranks 12th.
- Verdugo brings a hitting streak of six games into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .265 with a double, a home run, two walks and seven RBI.
- Rafael Devers has put up a team-best three home runs.
- Devers ranks 25th among all hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 55th in RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts has racked up a team-high batting average of .344.
- Kike Hernandez is hitting .185 with six doubles, a home run and eight walks.
Betting Tips for Blue Jays vs. Red Sox
After digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Red Sox on the moneyline at +158. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price