Led by Danny Jansen (two-game homer streak), the Toronto Blue Jays (7-5) are favorites versus the Boston Red Sox (6-5) Thursday at 1:35 PM ET. Oddsmakers have named the Blue Jays as -118 favorites for the game. Kevin Gausman gets the starting nod for Toronto while Tanner Houck is Boston’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Blue Jays vs. Red Sox
Our computer pick: Boston Red Sox (-101) and Under (9)
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Game Info
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: Kevin Gausman
- Boston Red Sox probable starting pitcher: Tanner Houck
- Game Day: Thursday, April 21, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Toronto Blue Jays vs Boston Red Sox Pitching Matchup
Blue Jays Starter Kevin Gausman
- Gausman (0-1) starts for the Blue Jays, his third of the season.
- His last appearance was on Thursday against the New York Yankees, when the right-hander tossed 5 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing six hits.
- In two games this season, he has a 4.22 ERA and 11.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are batting .311 against him.
- He will take the mound against a Red Sox offense that ranks 17th in MLB with 82 total hits (on a .226 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .369 (13th in MLB) with nine total home runs (19th in MLB).
Red Sox Starter Tanner Houck
- The Red Sox’s Houck will make his third start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday against the Minnesota Twins, throwing 5 2/3 innings without allowing a run.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 3.00, a batting average against of .258 and 7.0 strikeouts per nine innings.
- Houck has one start of five or more innings this season in two chances. He averages 4.2 innings per outing.
- The Blue Jays have scored 49 runs this season, which ranks 12th in MLB. They have 101 hits, fifth in baseball, with 16 home runs (first in the league).
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Blue Jays have been favorites in seven games this season and won five (71.4%) of those contests.
- Toronto has a record of 5-2 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -118 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Blue Jays have a 54.1% chance to win.
- Toronto’s games have gone over the total in four of their 11 chances.
- The Blue Jays are 6-5-0 ATS in their 11 games with a spread this season.
Red Sox Betting Picks & Insights
- The Red Sox have come away with one win in the four contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This year, Boston has won one of four games when listed as at least -101 or worse on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Red Sox have a 50.2% chance of pulling out a win.
- Boston’s games have gone over the total in three of their 11 opportunities.
- The Red Sox have posted a record of 6-5-0 against the spread this season.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads the Blue Jays with five home runs and 10 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-high batting average of .302.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Guerrero ranks second in home runs and eighth in RBI.
- George Springer has four doubles, two home runs and two walks while batting .277.
- Springer ranks 30th in home runs in MLB, and 56th in RBI.
- Springer has five games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .188 with a double and an RBI.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. has three doubles and two walks while batting .289.
- Matt Chapman is batting .225 with a double, two home runs and five walks.
- Chapman is riding a two-game hitting streak into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||12||.302||.388||.674||5||10||13|
|Lourdes Gurriel Jr.||12||.289||.327||.356||0||5||13|
Red Sox Leaders & Batting Stats
- Rafael Devers leads the team in batting average with a mark of .319.
- Devers’ home run total places him 30th in the majors, and he is 37th in RBI.
- Devers has collected a hit in six games in a row. In his last 10 games he is batting .326 with four doubles, a home run and five RBI.
- Alex Verdugo been a consistent power bat this season, as he paces his team with three home runs and eight runs batted in.
- Verdugo ranks 12th in home runs and 24th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Kike Hernandez has six doubles, a home run and six walks while hitting .174.
- J.D. Martinez is batting .278 with five doubles, a home run and five walks.
Betting Tips for Blue Jays vs. Red Sox
Our best bet is the Red Sox on the moneyline at -101 after looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will under the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price