Vladimir Guerrero Jr. will look to extend his 13-game hitting streak when the Toronto Blue Jays (19-17) take on the Seattle Mariners (16-20). The Blue Jays are listed as -134 favorites on the moneyline for the contest, which starts at 7:07 PM ET on Tuesday, live from Rogers Centre. Jose Berrios starts for Toronto while Logan Gilbert is Seattle’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Blue Jays vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Blue Jays vs. Mariners
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+114) and Over (8.5)
Blue Jays vs. Mariners Game Info
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: José Berríos
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Logan Gilbert
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 17, 2022
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
Toronto Blue Jays vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Blue Jays Starter José Berríos
- The Blue Jays are sending Berrios (2-2) to the mound for his eighth start of the season. He is 2-2 with a 5.82 ERA and 24 strikeouts through 34 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday against the New York Yankees, when he went 5 1/3 innings, allowing five earned runs while giving up five hits.
- The 27-year-old has put up an ERA of 5.82, with 6.4 strikeouts per nine innings, in seven games this season. Opponents are batting .292 against him.
- Berrios enters this game with two quality starts under his belt this season.
- Berrios has pitched five or more innings in a game five times this season heading into this game.
- He meets a Mariners offense that ranks 17th in the league with 141 runs while batting .231 as a squad. It has a collective .370 slugging percentage (17th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 35 home runs (12th in MLB).
Mariners Starter Logan Gilbert
- Gilbert (4-1) will take the mound for the Mariners, his eighth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw five innings against the Philadelphia Phillies, giving up four earned runs while allowing three hits.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 2.37, a 3 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.105 in seven games this season.
- He has started seven games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in one of them.
- Gilbert has seven starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Blue Jays have scored 136 runs this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB. They have 278 hits, 13th in baseball, with 39 home runs (seventh in the league).
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 25-year-old’s 2.37 ERA ranks 15th, 1.105 WHIP ranks 25th, and 9.9 K/9 ranks 13th.
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Blue Jays have been favorites in 26 games this season and won 15 (57.7%) of those contests.
- Toronto has a record of 10-6 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -134 on the moneyline.
- The Blue Jays have a 57.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Toronto and its opponents have hit the over in 15 of their 36 games with a total.
- The Blue Jays have an ATS record of 15-21-0 in 36 games with a spread this season.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have been underdogs in 25 games this season and have come away with the win nine times (36%) in those contests.
- Seattle has a win-loss record of 3-11 when favored by +114 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mariners have a 46.7% chance of pulling out a win.
- Seattle’s games have gone over the total in 18 of their 36 opportunities.
- The Mariners have an against the spread record of 19-17-0 in 36 games with a line this season.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Guerrero paces the Blue Jays in home runs (seven), runs batted in (20) and has racked up a team-best batting average of .281.
- Guerrero’s home runs rank him 19th in the majors, and he ranks 34th in RBI.
- Guerrero carries a 13-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is hitting .270 with a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- George Springer’s seven home runs are a team-high mark.
- Of all major league hitters, Springer is 19th in home runs and 52nd in RBI.
- Santiago Espinal paces the Blue Jays with a .281 batting average.
- Espinal is on a 10-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last 10 games he is batting .364 with five doubles, four walks and four RBI.
- Bo Bichette has seven doubles, four home runs and eight walks while hitting .247.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||35||.281||.361||.477||7||20||36|
|Lourdes Gurriel Jr.||35||.230||.277||.341||2||12||29|
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Mariners are lead in runs batted in by Ty France with a mark of 25, he also leads the team in hitting, posting an average of .324.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, France’s home run total is 46th and his RBI tally ranks 10th.
- Adam Frazier is batting .270 with nine doubles, a triple, a home run and 14 walks.
- Frazier is 234th among all hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 105th in RBI.
- J.P. Crawford is hitting .311 with seven doubles, a triple, four home runs and 14 walks.
- Jesse Winker is hitting .225 with seven doubles, two home runs and 20 walks.
Betting Tips for Blue Jays vs. Mariners
After taking a look at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Mariners on the moneyline at +114. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price