The Seattle Mariners (16-19) will look to Julio Rodriguez, after his four-hit game last time out, to lead them in a matchup with the Toronto Blue Jays (18-17) on Monday at 7:07 PM ET. The Mariners are +141 underdogs for the contest, according to oddsmakers. Toronto’s Yusei Kikuchi gets the start, and he’ll go against Seattle’s Chris Flexen.
Table of Contents
Blue Jays vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Blue Jays vs. Mariners
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+141) and Over (8.5)
Blue Jays vs. Mariners Game Info
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: Yusei Kikuchi
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Chris Flexen
- Game Day: Monday, May 16, 2022
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
Toronto Blue Jays vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Blue Jays Starter Yusei Kikuchi
- Kikuchi gets the start for the Blue Jays, his seventh of the season. He is 1-1 with a 4.15 ERA and 27 strikeouts through 26 innings pitched.
- The left-hander’s last appearance came on Tuesday against the New York Yankees, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up two hits.
- In six games this season, the 30-year-old has a 4.15 ERA and 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .211 to his opponents.
- Kikuchi is looking to secure his second quality start of the year.
- Kikuchi will try to build upon a three-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 4.1 frames per appearance).
- The opposing Mariners offense has a collective .234 batting average, and is eighth in the league with 272 total hits and 18th in MLB action with 139 runs scored. It has the 17th-ranked slugging percentage (.374) and ranks 11th in home runs (34) in all of MLB.
Mariners Starter Chris Flexen
- Flexen (1-5) will take to the mound for the Mariners and make his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up six earned runs in five innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 4.24 and 5.8 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .258 in six games this season.
- He has three quality starts in six chances this season.
- Flexen has pitched five or more innings in five straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Blue Jays rank 21st in MLB with 130 runs scored this season. They have a .233 batting average this campaign with 37 home runs (seventh in the league).
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Blue Jays have won 14, or 56%, of the 25 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- This season, Toronto has won six of its nine games, or 66.7%, when favored by at least -163 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 62% chance of a victory for the Blue Jays.
- Games involving Toronto have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 15 of 35 chances this season.
- The Blue Jays are 14-21-0 ATS in their 35 games with a spread this season.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have won in nine, or 37.5%, of the 24 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Seattle has been listed as an underdog of +141 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Mariners have a 41.5% chance of walking away with the win.
- Seattle and their opponents have gone over in 18 of their 35 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Mariners are 19-16-0 against the spread in their 35 games that had a posted line this season.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has gone yard seven times in the 2022 campaign while driving in 20 runs, both totals that lead the Blue Jays.
- Of all batters in the majors, Guerrero’s home run total ranks him 17th, and his RBI tally puts him 32nd.
- Guerrero takes a hitting streak of 12 games into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .263 with a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- George Springer has put his power on display as he paces his team with seven home runs.
- Springer ranks 17th in homers and 49th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Santiago Espinal leads the Blue Jays with a team-best batting average of .282.
- Espinal is on a nine-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last 10 games he is batting .355 with five doubles, five walks and four RBI.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. has eight doubles, two home runs and six walks while hitting .230.
- Gurriel brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .167 with a double and two RBI.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||34||.280||.352||.480||7||20||35|
|Lourdes Gurriel Jr.||35||.230||.277||.341||2||12||29|
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ty France has posted a team-leading batting average of .331 and paces the Mariners in runs batted in with a mark of 25.
- France ranks 43rd in homers and eighth in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- France takes a hitting streak of five games into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .450 with two doubles, a walk and three RBI.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .322 with seven doubles, a triple, four home runs and 14 walks.
- Among all MLB hitters, Crawford is 62nd in homers and 145th in RBI.
- Adam Frazier has nine doubles, a triple, a home run and 14 walks while hitting .259.
- Jesse Winker is hitting .224 with six doubles, two home runs and 20 walks.
Betting Tips for Blue Jays vs. Mariners
After analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Mariners on the moneyline at +141. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price