Seeking their 17th win of the year, the Toronto Blue Jays (16-11) are favorites (-132) on the moneyline when they take on the Cleveland Guardians (12-13) Saturday at 2:10 PM ET, live on BSGL. Toronto’s Kevin Gausman and Cleveland’s Shane Bieber have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Blue Jays vs. Guardians Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Blue Jays vs. Guardians
Our computer pick: Cleveland Guardians (+113) and Under (7.5)
Blue Jays vs. Guardians Game Info
- Toronto Blue Jays probable starting pitcher: Kevin Gausman
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Shane Bieber
- Game Day: Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSGL
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Toronto Blue Jays vs Cleveland Guardians Pitching Matchup
Blue Jays Starter Kevin Gausman
- Gausman (2-1 with a 2.27 ERA and 41 strikeouts in 31 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Blue Jays, his sixth of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Sunday against the Houston Astros, the righty went seven innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 31-year-old has amassed a 2.27 ERA and 11.7 strikeouts per nine innings in five games this season, while giving up a batting average of .256 to opposing hitters.
- Gausman is looking for his fourth quality start in a row.
- Gausman will try to build on a six-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.1 innings per appearance).
- He will take the hill against a Guardians offense that is batting .254 as a unit (third in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .399 (seventh in MLB) with 21 total home runs (17th in MLB).
- The 31-year-old’s 2.27 ERA ranks 18th, .979 WHIP ranks 23rd, and 11.7 K/9 ranks seventh among qualifying pitchers this season.
Guardians Starter Shane Bieber
- The Guardians’ Bieber (1-1) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw seven innings against the Oakland Athletics, giving up one earned run while allowing seven hits.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 2.76, a 4.833 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .989 in five games this season.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he’ll earn his fourth quality start in a row.
- Bieber has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Blue Jays are batting .242 this season, seventh in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .406 (fifth in the league) with 34 home runs.
- Among qualified pitchers this year, the 26-year-old’s 2.76 ERA ranks 27th, .989 WHIP ranks 24th, and 8.9 K/9 ranks 25th.
Blue Jays Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Blue Jays have been favored 18 times and won 12, or 66.7%, of those games.
- Toronto has a record of 8-4 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -132 on the moneyline.
- The Blue Jays have a 56.9% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Toronto and its opponents have gone over the total this season in nine of their 26 opportunities.
- The Blue Jays are 11-15-0 against the spread in their 26 chances this season.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians have been chosen as underdogs in 19 games this year and have walked away with the win eight times (42.1%) in those games.
- This year, Cleveland has won five of 13 games when listed as at least +113 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Guardians have a 46.9% chance of walking away with the win.
- Cleveland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 16 of their 27 opportunities.
- The Guardians have an against the spread mark of 15-12-0 in 27 games with a line this season.
Blue Jays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has accumulated a team-best batting average of .290, and paces the Blue Jays in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (19).
- In all of MLB, Guerrero is sixth in homers and 10th in RBI.
- Guerrero carries a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .313 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- George Springer has five doubles, six home runs and six walks while batting .274.
- Springer is 13th in homers and 60th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is hitting .263 with seven doubles, two home runs and four walks.
- Santiago Espinal is hitting .259 with eight doubles, two home runs and seven walks.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||26||.290||.364||.559||7||19||27|
|Lourdes Gurriel Jr.||27||.263||.299||.394||2||10||26|
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Ramirez has managed a team-leading seven home runs and has driven in 29 runs.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Ramirez ranks sixth in homers and first in RBI.
- Steven Kwan’s .328 batting average leads his team.
- Kwan is 173rd among all batters in MLB in homers, and 80th in RBI.
- Myles Straw is batting .271 with six doubles, a triple and 15 walks.
- Owen Miller has nine doubles, two home runs and 10 walks while hitting .344.
Betting Tips for Blue Jays vs. Guardians
We have the Guardians on the moneyline at +113 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price