The Colorado Avalanche are set for Game 3 of the NHL Playoffs First Round against the Nashville Predators at Bridgestone Arena on Saturday, May 7, starting at 4:30 PM ET. The Avalanche are ahead in the series 2-0. The Predators are big underdogs despite being at home, at +187, and the Avalanche are -230. Find more below on the Avalanche vs. Predators betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Avalanche vs. Predators Spread and Betting Line
Avalanche vs. Predators Game Info
- Game Day: Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Game Time: 4:30 PM ET
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Arena: Bridgestone Arena
Computer Predictions for Avalanche vs. Predators
|Predators (+1.5)||Over (6.5)||Avalanche 4 Predators 3|
Avalanche vs. Predators Betting Trends
- Colorado has gone 56-22 as the oddsmakers’ choice this season.
- The Avalanche have been victorious in 26 of the 33 games they have played with moneyline odds lower than -230.
- Based on the moneyline odds, Colorado has a 69.7% chance of winning this contest.
Colorado Avalanche Leaders
- One of Colorado’s leading offensives player this season is Mikko Rantanen, who has 92 points (36 goals, 56 assists) and plays an average of 20:58 per game.
- Through 65 games, Nathan MacKinnon has 32 goals and 56 assists.
- Nazem Kadri has 87 total points for Colorado, with 28 goals and 59 assists.
- Darcy Kuemper (37-12-4) has a goals against average of 2.5 on the season, and 1616 saves. His .921 save percentage ranks 14th in the league.
Colorado Avalanche Season Stats
- The Avalanche score the fourth-most goals in the league, averaging 3.8 per game for a total of 308 this season.
- On defense, the Avalanche are one of the best units in NHL action, giving up 232 goals to rank ninth.
- The squad has the league’s fourth-best goal differential at +76 this season.
- The Avalanche have scored 67 power-play goals this season, leading the NHL (on 278 power-play chances).
- The Avalanche’s offense is eighth the league with a 24.1% power-play conversion rate.
- The Avalanche’s six shorthanded goals this season rank 17th.
- The Avalanche have the league’s 15th-ranked penalty-kill percentage at 79.7%.
- The Avalanche win 47.3% of their faceoffs (28th in the league).
- The Avalanche have a 10.7% shooting percentage as a squad, ranking sixth in the league.
- The Avalanche have yet to shut out an opponent this season, averaging 21.5 hits and 13.2 blocked shots per game.
Predators vs. Avalanche Betting Trends
- The Predators have claimed an upset victory in 19, or 46.3%, of the 41 games they have played as an underdog this season.
- Nashville is 2-4 when sportsbooks have listed them as underdogs of +187 or longer on the moneyline.
- The win probability for the Predators, implied from the moneyline, is 34.8%.
Nashville Predators Leaders
- Roman Josi is an important part of the offense for Nashville, with 96 points this season. He has recorded 23 goals and 73 assists in 80 games.
- Matt Duchene has made a major impact for Nashville this season with 86 points, thanks to 43 goals and 43 assists.
- Filip Forsberg has 42 goals and 42 assists for Colorado.
- Nashville’s Juuse Saros is 38-25-3 this season, compiling 1934 saves and allowing 173 goals (2.6 goals against average) with a .918 save percentage (17th in the league).
Nashville Predators Season Stats
- The Predators’ 262 total goals (3.2 per game) rank 12th in the NHL.
- The Predators have conceded 3.0 goals per game, 250 total, which ranks 17th among NHL teams.
- Their +12 goal differential ranks 16th in the league.
- The Predators have scored 63 power-play goals this season, which are fourth-best in the NHL (on 258 power-play chances).
- The Predators have a 24.4% power-play conversion rate, the league’s No. 5 percentage.
- The Predators have scored two shorthanded goals this season (29th among NHL teams).
- The 79.2% penalty-kill percentage the Predators have registered is the league’s 18th-ranked rate.
- The Predators win 51.2% of their faceoffs. That’s the ninth-best percentage in the NHL.
- The Predators are shooting 10.7% (sixth in the league).
- The Predators have yet to shut out an opponent this season.
Avalanche and Predators Injury Report
Avalanche: Andrew Cogliano: Day To Day (Upper-body), Ryan Murray: Out (Hand/Wrist)
Predators: Juuse Saros: Out (Lower Body), Jeremy Lauzon: Out (Undisclosed)
Betting Tips for Avalanche vs. Predators
The Avalanche on the moneyline (-230) is our best bet after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will go over the total of 6.5 goals, with the Predators (+1.5) covering the spread.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price