The Colorado Avalanche host the Nashville Predators in Game 2 of the NHL Playoffs First Round on Thursday, May 5, beginning at 9:30 PM ET. The Avalanche have a 1-0 lead in the series. The sportsbooks have made the Avalanche big favorites at -369 on the moneyline, and the Predators are at +285. Find more below on the Avalanche vs. Predators betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Avalanche vs. Predators Spread and Betting Line
Avalanche vs. Predators Game Info
- Game Day: Thursday, May 5, 2022
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Arena: Ball Arena
Computer Predictions for Avalanche vs. Predators
|Avalanche (-1.5)||Under (6.5)||Avalanche 4 Predators 2|
Avalanche vs. Predators Betting Trends
- Colorado has won 55 of its 77 games as a favorite this season.
- The Avalanche have a record of 9-2 this season while playing with their moneyline odds shorter than -369.
- Colorado has a 78.7% chance of winning this game, according to the moneyline odds.
Colorado Avalanche Leaders
- Mikko Rantanen is currently one of Colorado’s leading contributors (92 total points), having amassed 36 goals and 56 assists.
- Nathan MacKinnon has 32 goals and 56 assists to total 88 points (1.4 per game).
- Nazem Kadri has scored 28 goals and added 59 assists through 71 games for Colorado.
- In 57 games, Darcy Kuemper has a record of 37-12-4. He has conceded 138 goals (2.54 goals against average) and has recorded 1616 saves.
Colorado Avalanche Season Stats
- The Avalanche offense’s 308 total goals (3.8 per game) are ranked fourth in the NHL this year.
- On defense, the Avalanche have been one of the best squads in league action, giving up 232 goals to rank ninth.
- The team’s goal differential is fourth-best in the league at +76.
- The NHL-leading 67 power-play goals the Avalanche’s have scored have resulted from 278 power-play chances.
- The Avalanche have the NHL’s eighth-best power-play conversion rate at 24.1%.
- The Avalanche’s offense has recorded six shorthanded goals this season (17th among all squads).
- The Avalanche rank 15th in the NHL in penalty-kill success rate at 79.7%.
- With a 47.3% faceoff win rate, the Avalanche have the 28th-ranked rate in the NHL.
- The Avalanche connect on 10.7% of their shots, ranking sixth in the NHL.
- The Avalanche have yet to shut out an opponent this season, averaging 21.5 hits and 13.2 blocked shots per game.
Predators vs. Avalanche Betting Trends
- The Predators have been listed as the underdog 40 times this season, and upset their opponent 19 times.
- Nashville has played with moneyline odds of +285 or longer once this season and lost that game.
- The win probability for the Predators, implied from the moneyline, is 26.0%.
Nashville Predators Leaders
- Roman Josi’s 23 goals and 73 assists in 80 contests give him 96 points on the season, making him a key part of his team’s offense.
- Matt Duchene is a key contributor for Nashville, with 86 total points this season. He has scored 43 goals and provided 43 assists in 78 games.
- Filip Forsberg has 42 goals and 42 assists, for a season point total of 84.
- Nashville’s Juuse Saros is 38-25-3 this season, collecting 1934 saves and allowing 173 goals (2.6 goals against average) with a .918 save percentage (12th in the league).
Nashville Predators Season Stats
- The Predators’ 262 total goals (3.2 per game) rank 12th in the league.
- The Predators’ 250 total goals given up (3.0 per game) rank 17th in the NHL.
- Their 16th-ranked goal differential is +12.
- The Predators have recorded 63 power-play goals this season (fourth-most in the NHL) on 258 power-play chances.
- The Predators’ power-play conversion rate (24.4%) is fifth-best in the league.
- The Predators have scored two shorthanded goals.
- The Predators’ 18th-ranked penalty kill rate is 79.2%.
- The Predators have the ninth-best faceoff win rate in the NHL (51.2%).
- The 10.7% shooting percentage the Predators have compiled ranks sixth in the league.
- The Predators have not shut out an opponent this season. They average 30.1 hits and 14.1 blocked shots per game.
Avalanche and Predators Injury Report
Avalanche: Ryan Murray: Out (Hand/Wrist)
Predators: Juuse Saros: Out (Lower Body), Jeremy Lauzon: Out (Undisclosed)
Betting Tips for Avalanche vs. Predators
We have the Avalanche as the best bet on the moneyline in this game, and our pick against the spread is the Avalanche (-1.5). Our computer model has the scoring going under the total of 6.5 goals when it’s sorted out on the ice.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price