Game 1 of the NHL Playoffs First Round features the Colorado Avalanche hosting the Nashville Predators on Tuesday, May 3 at 9:30 PM ET. The bookmakers have made the Avalanche heavy favorites at -316 on the moneyline, and the Predators are at +250. Find more below on the Avalanche vs. Predators betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Avalanche vs. Predators Spread and Betting Line
Avalanche vs. Predators Game Info
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Arena: Ball Arena
Computer Predictions for Avalanche vs. Predators
|Avalanche (-1.5)||Under (6.5)||Avalanche 4 Predators 2|
Avalanche vs. Predators Betting Trends
- Colorado has won 53 of its 75 games as a favorite this season.
- The Avalanche have a record of 11-3 this season in games with their moneyline odds shorter than -316.
- The moneyline odds say Colorado has a 76.0% chance of winning this game.
Colorado Avalanche Leaders
- A top contributor this season for Colorado, Mikko Rantanen has scored 92 points in 75 games (36 goals and 56 assists).
- Nathan MacKinnon has 32 goals and 56 assists to total 88 points (1.4 per game).
- Nazem Kadri’s season total of 87 points has come from 28 goals and 59 assists.
- Darcy Kuemper has a record of 37-12-4. He has allowed 138 goals (2.54 goals against average) and recorded 1616 saves.
Colorado Avalanche Season Stats
- The Avalanche offense’s 308 total goals (3.8 per game) are ranked fourth in the league this year.
- On defense, the Avalanche have been one of the best units in NHL competition, conceding 232 goals to rank ninth.
- The team has the league’s fourth-best goal differential at +76 this season.
- The 67 power-play goals the Avalanche have put up this season (on 278 power-play chances) lead the league.
- The Avalanche have the NHL’s eighth-best power-play conversion rate at 24.1%.
- The Avalanche’s six shorthanded goals this season rank 17th.
- The Avalanche kill 79.7% of their opponent’s power plays, the 15th-ranked penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- With a 47.3% faceoff win percentage, the Avalanche have the 28th-ranked percentage in the NHL.
- The Avalanche have a 10.7% shooting percentage as a team, ranking sixth in the NHL.
- The Avalanche have yet to shut out an opponent this season, averaging 21.5 hits and 13.2 blocked shots per game.
Predators vs. Avalanche Betting Trends
- This season the Predators have 19 wins in the 38 games in which they’ve been an underdog.
- Nashville has not had a game with longer moneyline odds than +250.
- Oddsmakers have implied, based on the moneyline for this matchup, that the Predators have a 28.6% chance to win.
Nashville Predators Leaders
- Roman Josi’s 23 goals and 73 assists in 80 contests give him 96 points on the season, making him a key part of his team’s offense.
- Matt Duchene is pivotal for Nashville’s offense with 86 total points (1.1 per game), including 43 goals and 43 assists through 78 contests.
- Filip Forsberg has 42 goals and 42 assists for Colorado.
- Juuse Saros has a record of 38-25-3 in 67 games this season, conceding 173 goals (2.6 goals against average) with 1934 saves and a .918 save percentage, eighth-best in the league.
Nashville Predators Season Stats
- The Predators’ 262 total goals (3.2 per game) rank 12th in the league.
- The Predators have conceded 250 total goals (3.0 per game) to rank 17th.
- They have a +12 goal differential, which ranks 16th in the league.
- The Predators have recorded 63 power-play goals this season (on 258 power-play chances). That’s the fourth-most in the NHL.
- The Predators have a 24.4% power-play conversion rate, the NHL’s No. 5 percentage.
- The Predators have scored two shorthanded goals.
- The 79.2% penalty-kill percentage the Predators have registered is the league’s 18th-ranked rate.
- The Predators have the league’s ninth-best faceoff win rate (51.2%).
- The Predators are shooting 10.7% (sixth in the league).
- The Predators have not yet shut out an opponent this season.
Avalanche and Predators Injury Report
Avalanche: Gabriel Landeskog: Out (Knee), Ryan Murray: Out (Hand/Wrist)
Predators: Jeremy Lauzon: Out (Undisclosed)
Betting Tips for Avalanche vs. Predators
After analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is Avalanche on the moneyline at -316 and against the spread (-1.5). Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 6.5 goals.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price