The Atlanta Braves open their season as -201 favorites in a home matchup with the Cincinnati Reds on Thursday at 8:08 PM ET. Atlanta’s Max Fried gets the start, and he’ll go against Cincinnati’s Tyler Mahle.
Table of Contents
Atlanta Braves vs. Cincinnati Reds: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Braves vs. Reds
Our computer pick: Cincinnati Reds (+172) and Over (8.5)
Braves vs. Reds Game Info
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Max Fried
- Cincinnati Reds probable starting pitcher: Tyler Mahle
- Game Day: Thursday, April 7, 2022
- Game Time: 8:08 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Atlanta Braves vs Cincinnati Reds Pitching Matchup
Braves Starter Max Fried
- Fried starts for the first time this season for the Braves.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday, Nov. 3, the 28-year-old left-hander started and went 6 2/3 scoreless innings against the Houston Astros.
- Last season he finished with a 14-7 record, a 3.04 ERA and a 1.087 WHIP over his 28 games.
- Among qualified pitchers in the league last year he ranked 10th in ERA (3.04), 15th in WHIP (1.087), and 25th in K/9 (8.6).
Reds Starter Tyler Mahle
- The Reds will send out Mahle for his first start of the season.
- The 27-year-old righty last pitched Saturday, Oct. 2 against the Pittsburgh Pirates, tossing 4 1/3 innings as the starter.
- Last season, he posted a 3.75 ERA with 210 strikeouts and 64 walks in 180 innings, finishing with a record of 13-6.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors last year, he ranked 24th in ERA (3.75), 28th in WHIP (1.233), and 10th in K/9 (10.5).
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves were favorites in 112 games last season and won 66 (58.9%) of those contests.
- Atlanta had a record of 11-6 in games where bookmakers favored them by at least -201 on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 66.8% chance of a victory for the Braves.
- Atlanta and its opponents went over the total last season in 77 of their 171 opportunities.
- The Braves had an ATS record of 68-61-0 in 129 games with a spread last season.
Reds Betting Picks & Insights
- The Reds were victorious in 25, or 41.7%, of the 60 contests they were chosen as underdogs in last season.
- Last year, Cincinnati won two of five games when listed as at least +172 on the moneyline.
- The Reds have an implied victory probability of 36.8% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Cincinnati and its opponents went over in 81 of their 160 games with a total set by sportsbooks last season.
- In 117 games with a line last season, the Reds had a mark of 54-63-0 against the spread.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Matt Olson hit 39 home runs last season while slugging .540.
- Ozzie Albies hit .259 with 40 doubles, seven triples, 30 home runs and 47 walks.
- Austin Riley had 179 hits with a batting average of .303 last season.
- Dansby Swanson hit .248 with 33 doubles, two triples, 27 home runs and 52 walks.
Reds Leaders & Batting Stats
- Joey Votto racked up 36 home runs and had 99 runs batted in last season.
- Jonathan India hit .269 a season ago with 143 hits.
- Tommy Pham hit .229 last season with 24 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 78 walks.
- Tyler Naquin hit .270 with 24 doubles, two triples, 19 home runs and 35 walks.
Betting Tips for Braves vs. Reds
After looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Reds on the moneyline at +172. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price