Oakland’s Cole Irvin and Kansas City’s Brad Keller have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Athletics vs. Royals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Athletics vs. Royals
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (-110) and Over (7.5)
Athletics vs. Royals Game Info
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Cole Irvin
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Brad Keller
- Game Day: Saturday, June 18, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Oakland Athletics vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Athletics Starter Cole Irvin
- Irvin gets the start for the Athletics, his 11th of the season. He is 2-3 with a 3.34 ERA and 37 strikeouts in 56 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Sunday, the left-hander threw 5 2/3 innings against the Cleveland Guardians, giving up four earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- In 10 games this season, the 28-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.34, with 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .262 against him.
- Irvin has registered four quality starts this year.
- Irvin will look to pitch five or more innings for his 11th straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.2 innings per outing.
- The opposing Royals offense has a collective .239 batting average, and is 18th in the league with 509 total hits and 27th in MLB action with 241 runs scored. It has the 27th-ranked slugging percentage (.367) and ranks 27th in home runs (47) in all of MLB.
Royals Starter Brad Keller
- Keller (1-8) will take the mound for the Royals, his 13th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he gave up five earned runs and allowed seven hits in 1 2/3 innings against the Baltimore Orioles.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 4.74 and 5.4 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .269 in 12 games this season.
- He has started 12 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in six of them.
- Keller has started 12 games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings nine times. He averages 5.2 innings per appearance.
- The Athletics have scored 213 runs this season, which ranks 28th in MLB. They have 451 hits, 29th in baseball, with 46 home runs (29th in the league).
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 26-year-old’s 4.74 ERA ranks 56th, 1.346 WHIP ranks 52nd, and 5.4 K/9 ranks 59th.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Athletics have been favored 12 times and won four, or 33.3%, of those games.
- Oakland has entered 12 games this season favored by -110 or more and is 4-8 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the Athletics, based on the moneyline, is 52.4%.
- So far this season, Oakland and its opponents have hit the over in 29 of their 66 games with a total.
- The Athletics are 29-37-0 ATS in their 66 games with a spread this season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have been victorious in 20, or 35.1%, of the 57 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Kansas City has a mark of 20-37 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by -110 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Royals have a 52.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- Contests with Kansas City have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 32 of 66 chances this season.
- The Royals have an against the spread mark of 27-39-0 in 66 games with a line this season.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Elvis Andrus has 16 doubles, three home runs and 17 walks while batting .224.
- Andrus’ home runs put him 221st in the majors, and he is 278th in RBI.
- Seth Brown has shown off his power as he leads his team with eight home runs and 31 runs batted in.
- Brown is 63rd in home runs and 62nd in RBI on the season.
- Sean Murphy is batting .204 with 15 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 19 walks.
- Tony Kemp’s .233 batting average is a team-high mark.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bobby Witt Jr. has collected a team-leading 32 runs batted in.
- Witt Jr.’s home run total puts him 63rd in the big leagues, and he is 55th in RBI.
- Witt Jr. has collected a hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double, a home run and three RBI.
- Whit Merrifield has 13 doubles, three home runs and 16 walks while batting .228.
- Merrifield is 221st among all hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 96th in RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi leads the Royals’ lineup with a .303 batting average.
- Hunter Dozier is batting .261 with 12 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 16 walks.
|Bobby Witt Jr.||61||.245||.287||.446||8||32||57|
Betting Tips for Athletics vs. Royals
We have the Royals on the moneyline at -110 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price