Seeking their eighth win of the year, the Oakland Athletics (7-7) are favorites (-129) on the moneyline when they take on the Texas Rangers (3-9) Saturday at 4:07 PM ET. Frankie Montas starts for Oakland while Martin Perez is Texas’ starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Athletics vs. Rangers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Athletics vs. Rangers
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (+108) and Over (7.5)
Athletics vs. Rangers Game Info
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Frankie Montas
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Martín Pérez
- Game Day: Saturday, April 23, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Oakland Athletics vs Texas Rangers Pitching Matchup
Athletics Starter Frankie Montas
- Montas gets the start for the Athletics, his fourth of the season. He is 2-1 with a 3.63 ERA and 17 strikeouts through 17 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Tuesday, the righty threw six innings against the Baltimore Orioles, allowing one earned run while surrendering two hits.
- The 29-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.63, with 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings, in three games this season. Opponents have a .200 batting average against him.
- Montás is looking to claim his third straight quality start in this outing.
- Montás is looking for his fourth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.2 innings per appearance on the hill.
- He will take the mound against a Rangers offense that ranks 18th in MLB with 95 total hits (on a .231 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .352 (16th in MLB) with 11 total home runs (16th in MLB).
- The 29-year-old ranks 41st in ERA (3.63), 16th in WHIP (.923), and 22nd in K/9 (8.8) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Rangers Starter Martín Pérez
- The Rangers will send Perez to the mound for his third start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw four innings, giving up three earned runs while allowing five hits against the Los Angeles Angels.
- He has pitched to a 6.75 ERA this season with 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 4.5 walks per nine across two games.
- The Athletics rank 13th in MLB with 54 runs scored this season. They have a .208 batting average this campaign with 10 home runs (21st in the league).
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have entered the game as favorites four times this season and won three of those games.
- Oakland is 2-1 this season when entering a game favored by -129 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 56.3% chance of a victory for the Athletics.
- Oakland and its opponents have hit the over in six of their 14 games with a total this season.
- The Athletics have an ATS record of 8-6-0 in 14 games with a spread this season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have won in two of the nine contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This year, Texas has won two of six games when listed as at least +108 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rangers have a 48.1% chance of walking away with the win.
- Texas and their opponents have gone over in seven of their 12 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Rangers have posted a record of 4-8-0 against the spread this season.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sean Murphy has gone yard three times in the 2022 campaign while knocking in 10 runs, both totals that lead the Athletics.
- Murphy ranks 14th in homers and 12th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Tony Kemp is hitting .273 to pace his team.
- Kemp is 204th in homers in MLB, and 227th in RBI.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .174 with three doubles and seven walks.
- Cristian Pache is hitting .200 with a double, two home runs and a walk.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nate Lowe leads the Rangers with eight runs batted in while putting up a team-high batting average of .413.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Lowe ranks 90th in home runs and 35th in RBI.
- Lowe takes a hitting streak of five games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .474 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Adolis Garcia has racked up a team-best two home runs.
- Garcia is currently 40th in home runs and 44th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Andy Ibanez is batting .220 with two doubles, a home run and a walk.
- Brad Miller has swatted a team- leading two long balls.
Betting Tips for Athletics vs. Rangers
We have the Rangers on the moneyline at +108 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price