Seeking their seventh win of the year, the Oakland Athletics (6-6) are favorites (-128) on the moneyline when they take on the Baltimore Orioles (4-8) Thursday at 3:37 PM ET. Oakland’s Paul Blackburn gets the start, and he’ll go against Baltimore’s Tyler Wells.
Table of Contents
Athletics vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Athletics vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+108) and Over (7.5)
Athletics vs. Orioles Game Info
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: Paul Blackburn
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Tyler Wells
- Game Day: Thursday, April 21, 2022
- Game Time: 3:37 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Oakland Athletics vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Athletics Starter Paul Blackburn
- Blackburn (0-0) takes the mound for the Athletics to make his second start of the season.
- In his last appearance on Saturday, the right-hander tossed five innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, giving up two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- In one games this season, he has a 3.60 ERA and 5.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are batting .263 against him.
- He meets an Orioles offense that ranks last in the league with 24 runs while batting .206 as a squad. It has a collective .284 slugging percentage (28th in MLB play) and has hit a total of four home runs (30th in MLB).
Orioles Starter Tyler Wells
- Wells will get the start for the Orioles, his third of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he threw four innings against the New York Yankees without allowing a run.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 6.35, a 1.25 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.765.
- The Athletics rank 13th in MLB with 47 runs scored this season. They have a .209 batting average this campaign with eight home runs (23rd in the league).
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have entered the game as favorites three times this season and won twice.
- Oakland has played as a favorite of -128 or more twice this season and split those games.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Athletics have a 56.1% chance to win.
- Games involving Oakland have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in four of 12 chances this season.
- The Athletics are 7-5-0 ATS in their 12 games with a spread this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have won in four, or 33.3%, of the 12 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Baltimore has a win-loss record of 3-7 when favored by +108 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The Orioles have an implied victory probability of 48.1% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- In 12 contests with a total set by bookmakers, Baltimore and its opponents have failed to hit the over in every one of them.
- The Orioles are 7-5-0 against the spread in their 12 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Tony Kemp’s .278 average leads the Athletics this year. His resume also includes zero homers and driven in two RBI.
- Among all batters in MLB, Kemp ranks 190th in homers and 206th in RBI.
- Kemp carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with five walks.
- Sean Murphy’s two home runs pace his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Murphy ranks 29th in home runs and 36th in RBI.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .184 with three doubles and seven walks.
- Seth Brown’s eight runs batted in are a team-high mark.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Anthony Santander leads the team in batting average with a mark of .297.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Santander is 78th in homers and 275th in RBI.
- Cedric Mullins has hit two home runs with eight runs batted in, leading the team in both categories.
- Mullins is 29th among all hitters in the majors in homers, and 24th in RBI.
- Austin Hays has three doubles and six walks while hitting .220.
- Jorge Mateo is batting .270 with two doubles and four walks.
Betting Tips for Athletics vs. Orioles
Our best bet is the Orioles on the moneyline at +108 after looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price