The Houston Astros (19-11) roll into Wednesday’s matchup with the Minnesota Twins (18-12) looking to extend an eight-game winning streak. The contest starts at 7:40 PM ET with the Astros listed as -123 favorites on the moneyline. Jose Urquidy will get the ball for Houston while Minnesota counter with Chris Archer.
Table of Contents
Astros vs. Twins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Astros vs. Twins
Our computer pick: Minnesota Twins (+103) and Over (8)
Astros vs. Twins Game Info
- Houston Astros probable starting pitcher: José Urquidy
- Minnesota Twins probable starting pitcher: Chris Archer
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Houston Astros vs Minnesota Twins Pitching Matchup
Astros Starter José Urquidy
- The Astros are sending Urquidy (2-1) to make his sixth start of the season. He is 2-1 with a 4.56 ERA and 16 strikeouts in 25 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out came on Friday against the Detroit Tigers, when the righty tossed six scoreless innings while giving up six hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 4.56, with 5.6 strikeouts per nine innings, in five games this season. Opposing hitters have a .301 batting average against him.
- Urquidy is trying to secure his second quality start of the year in this matchup.
- Urquidy will aim to pitch five or more innings for his fourth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.0 frames per outing.
- The opposing Twins offense has the 11th-ranked slugging percentage (.382) and is 11th in MLB play with 30 home runs. It has a collective .234 batting average, and is 16th in MLB with 225 total hits and 15th in MLB action scoring 117 runs.
Twins Starter Chris Archer
- The Twins will send Archer (0-0) to the mound for his sixth start this season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs in four innings pitched on Thursday in his last outing, a matchup with the Baltimore Orioles.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 3.26, a 2.222 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.293 in five games this season.
- None of Archer’s five starts this season have met the criteria for a quality start.
- Archer has yet to pitch five or more innings in any of his five starts this season. He averages 3.3 frames per outing.
- The Astros have scored 115 runs this season, which ranks 17th in MLB. They are batting .217 for the campaign with 36 home runs, fourth in the league.
Astros Betting Picks & Insights
- The Astros have won 16, or 72.7%, of the 22 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Houston is 13-4 this season when entering a game favored by -123 or more on the moneyline.
- The Astros have a 55.2% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Houston have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in eight of 30 chances this season.
- The Astros are 15-15-0 ATS in their 30 games with a spread this season.
Twins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Twins have been victorious in six, or 50%, of the 12 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Minnesota has been victorious four times in 10 chances when named as an underdog of at least +103 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Twins have an implied victory probability of 49.3% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Minnesota have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 11 of 30 chances this season.
- The Twins have an against the spread mark of 12-18-0 in 30 games with a line this season.
Astros Leaders & Batting Stats
- Alex Bregman leads the Astros with 19 runs batted in.
- Among all batters in baseball, Bregman’s home run total places him 32nd, and his RBI tally ranks him 19th.
- Bregman has collected a hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez has shown his power as he paces his team with eight home runs.
- Alvarez ranks fifth in homers and 42nd in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Jeremy Pena is hitting .245 with four doubles, a triple, six home runs and nine walks.
- Pena has at least one base hit in seven games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is batting .257 with a double, three home runs, three walks and 10 RBI.
- Kyle Tucker has three doubles, four home runs and 16 walks while batting .243.
Twins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Byron Buxton leads the Twins in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (17).
- Among all hitters in MLB, Buxton ranks first in homers and 32nd in RBI.
- Max Kepler is hitting .234 with three doubles, five home runs and 13 walks.
- Kepler is 32nd in home runs and 91st in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Jorge Polanco has collected a team-high 17 runs batted in.
- Gio Urshela is batting .235 with two doubles, a home run and nine walks.
Betting Tips for Astros vs. Twins
We have the Twins on the moneyline at +103 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price