The Houston Astros (17-11) hope to complete a four-game sweep of the Detroit Tigers (8-18) when the teams meet at 2:10 PM ET Sunday. The Astros are -168 favorites to keep the Tigers out of the win column in the series. Houston will send Jake Odorizzi out to start this one, while Detroit has not yet named a starter.
Table of Contents
Astros vs. Tigers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Astros vs. Tigers
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+148) and Over (8.5)
Astros vs. Tigers Game Info
- Houston Astros probable starting pitcher: Jake Odorizzi
- Game Day: Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Astros Starter Jake Odorizzi
- Odorizzi makes the start for the Astros, his sixth of the season. He is 2-2 with a 4.15 ERA and 12 strikeouts through 21 2/3 innings pitched.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 4.15, with 5.0 strikeouts per nine innings, in five games this season. Opposing hitters have a .259 batting average against him.
- Odorizzi is looking to record his third quality start of the season in this outing.
- Odorizzi is looking to secure his third start of five or more innings this year in this game.
- The opposing Tigers offense has the worst slugging percentage (.313) and is last in MLB play with 11 home runs. It has a collective .226 batting average, and is 22nd in MLB with 192 total hits and 29th in MLB play scoring 78 runs.
Astros Betting Picks & Insights
- The Astros have won 14, or 70%, of the 20 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Houston has a record of 4-1 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -168 on the moneyline.
- The Astros have a 62.7% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Houston’s games have gone over the total in eight of their 28 chances.
- In 28 games with a spread this season, the Astros are 13-15-0 ATS.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have come away with six wins in the 21 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Detroit has been victorious one time in seven chances when named as an underdog of at least +148 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Tigers have a 40.3% chance of pulling out a win.
- Detroit and their opponents have gone over in nine of their 26 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Tigers are 11-15-0 against the spread in their 26 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Astros Leaders & Batting Stats
- Yordan Alvarez has hit a team-best eight homers.
- Alvarez’s home runs put him third in the majors, and he ranks 34th in RBI.
- Alex Bregman has six doubles, four home runs and 16 walks while hitting .232.
- Bregman ranks 39th in homers and 27th in RBI among all MLB batters this year.
- Jeremy Pena is hitting .234 with four doubles, a triple, six home runs and seven walks.
- Pena has at least one base hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a double, two home runs and five RBI.
- Kyle Tucker has capitalized on opportunities as he leads his team with 17 runs batted in.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Meadows paces the Tigers with 11 runs batted in while racking up a team-high batting average of .284.
- Meadows’ home run total puts him 284th in the big leagues, and he ranks 94th in RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario is hitting .207 with five doubles, two home runs and six walks.
- Candelario is 112th in homers and 161st in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Javier Baez has put up a team-high 11 runs batted in.
- Robbie Grossman has four doubles and 13 walks while batting .273.
Betting Tips for Astros vs. Tigers
We have the Tigers on the moneyline at +148 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price