The Houston Astros (38-24), led by Kyle Tucker on a 13-game hitting streak, will meet the Texas Rangers (29-32) Wednesday at Globe Life Field. The Astros are -125 favorites for the matchup, which starts at 2:05 PM ET. Houston will send Luis Garcia out to start this one, while Texas has yet to name a starter.
Table of Contents
Astros vs. Rangers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Astros vs. Rangers
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (+106) and Under (9)
Astros vs. Rangers Game Info
- Houston Astros probable starting pitcher: Luis Garcia
- Game Day: Wednesday, June 15, 2022
- Game Time: 2:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Astros Starter Luis Garcia
- Garcia (3-5) gets the starting nod for the Astros in his 12th start of the season. He has a 3.60 ERA in 60 innings pitched, with 60 strikeouts.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 3.60, with 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings, in 11 games this season. Opponents have a .205 batting average against him.
- Garcia enters this game with four quality starts under his belt this year.
- Garcia enters the matchup with eight outings of five or more innings pitched this season.
- The opposing Rangers offense has a collective .235 batting average, and is 20th in the league with 489 total hits and 18th in MLB play with 265 runs scored. It has the 18th-ranked slugging percentage (.388) and ranks seventh in home runs (77) in all of MLB.
Astros Betting Picks & Insights
- The Astros have been favorites in 52 games this season and won 34 (65.4%) of those contests.
- Houston is 29-15 this season when entering a game favored by -125 or more on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Astros have a 55.6% chance to win.
- Houston and its opponents have hit the over in 19 of their 62 games with a total this season.
- In 62 games with a spread this season, the Astros are 29-33-0 ATS.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have won in 23, or 50%, of the 46 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Texas has a win-loss record of 20-16 when favored by +106 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rangers have a 48.5% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Texas’ games have gone over the total in 26 of their 62 opportunities.
- The Rangers have posted a record of 37-25-0 against the spread this season.
Astros Leaders & Batting Stats
- Yordan Alvarez is the bat to watch in the Astros lineup, leading the team in batting average (.313), home runs (17), and RBI (43).
- Of all batters in baseball, Alvarez’s home run total places him fourth, and his RBI tally ranks him eighth.
- Tucker has eight doubles, 12 home runs and 31 walks while hitting .260.
- Tucker ranks 23rd in home runs and 18th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Tucker enters this game looking for his 14th game in a row with a hit. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .361 with a double, four home runs, seven walks and nine RBI.
- Alex Bregman has 14 doubles, six home runs and 35 walks while batting .218.
- Jose Altuve is hitting .277 with 11 doubles, 12 home runs and 17 walks.
- Altuve has recorded at least one hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with three doubles, a home run and four RBI.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Adolis Garcia paces the Rangers with 12 long balls and runs batted in, driving in 41.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Adolis Garcia is 23rd in homers and 10th in RBI.
- Adolis Garcia brings a hitting streak of six games into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .325 with four home runs, five walks and nine RBI.
- Marcus Semien is hitting .227 with 10 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 22 walks.
- Semien is currently 105th in home runs and 107th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Corey Seager leads the Rangers with 12 long balls.
- Nate Lowe leads the team in batting average with a high-water mark of .281.
Betting Tips for Astros vs. Rangers
We have the Rangers on the moneyline at +106 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price