Seeking their eighth win of the year, the Houston Astros (7-9) are favorites (-117) on the moneyline when they take on the Texas Rangers (6-10) Tuesday at 8:05 PM ET. Jake Odorizzi will get the ball for Houston while Texas counter with Taylor Hearn.
Table of Contents
Astros vs. Rangers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Astros vs. Rangers
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (-102) and Over (9.5)
Astros vs. Rangers Game Info
- Houston Astros probable starting pitcher: Jake Odorizzi
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Taylor Hearn
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 26, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Houston Astros vs Texas Rangers Pitching Matchup
Astros Starter Jake Odorizzi
- Odorizzi (0-2) takes the mound for the Astros in his fourth start of the season. He’s put together a 9.00 ERA in nine innings pitched, with five strikeouts.
- The right-hander’s most recent appearance was on Wednesday against the Los Angeles Angels, when he went two-thirds of an inning, surrendering three earned runs while allowing two hits.
- In three games this season, the 32-year-old has a 9.00 ERA and 5.0 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .390 to his opponents.
- He will face a Rangers offense that is hitting .234 as a unit (14th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .347 (20th in MLB) with 13 total home runs (17th in MLB).
Rangers Starter Taylor Hearn
- The Rangers’ Hearn (0-1) will make his fourth start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Friday, when he tossed three innings while giving up five earned runs on four hits in a matchup with the Seattle Mariners.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 7.59, 11.8 strikeouts per nine innings and an opponent batting average of .367 in three games this season.
- The Astros have scored 56 runs this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB. They are batting .211 for the campaign with 18 home runs, fifth in the league.
Astros Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Astros have been favored 11 times and won five, or 45.5%, of those games.
- Houston has a record of 4-4 when favored by -117 or more by bookmakers this season.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Astros have a 53.9% chance to win.
- So far this season, Houston and its opponents have hit the over in six of their 16 games with a total.
- The Astros have an ATS record of 6-10-0 in 16 games with a spread this season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have been chosen as underdogs in 12 games this year and have walked away with the win five times (41.7%) in those games.
- Texas has a mark of 5-6 in contests where bookmakers favor them by -102 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rangers have a 50.5% chance of walking away with the win.
- Contests with Texas have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in eight of 16 chances this season.
- In 16 games with a line this season, the Rangers have a mark of 7-9-0 against the spread.
Astros Leaders & Batting Stats
- Alex Bregman is the Astros RBI leader this season, driving in 12 runs to go with his three home runs and .273 batting average.
- Of all hitters in MLB, Bregman ranks 25th in home runs and 12th in RBI.
- Michael Brantley’s .311 batting average paces his team.
- Brantley ranks 56th in home runs and 87th in RBI on the year.
- Jeremy Pena is batting .241 with three doubles, a triple, three home runs and five walks.
- Yordan Alvarez has put his power on display as he leads his team with four home runs.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nate Lowe leads the Rangers with a .381 batting average.
- Lowe’s home run total places him 114th in the big leagues, and he ranks 40th in RBI.
- Lowe brings a hitting streak of five games into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Jonah Heim has a team-best two home runs.
- Heim is 56th overall in home runs and 40th in RBI this year.
- Adolis Garcia has been a significant run producer for the Rangers with two home runs and 10 runs batted in.
- Corey Seager has a double, a home run and five walks while batting .258.
Betting Tips for Astros vs. Rangers
Our best bet is the Rangers on the moneyline at -102 after digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 9.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price