The Houston Astros will look to pick up their eighth win of the season when they take on the Texas Rangers (5-10) Monday. The game begins at 8:05 PM ET, with the Astros listed as -136 favorites on the moneyline. Framber Valdez takes the mound for Houston while Dane Dunning is Texas’ starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Astros vs. Rangers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Astros vs. Rangers
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (+115) and Over (8.5)
Astros vs. Rangers Game Info
- Houston Astros probable starting pitcher: Framber Valdez
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Dane Dunning
- Game Day: Monday, April 25, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Houston Astros vs Texas Rangers Pitching Matchup
Astros Starter Framber Valdez
- Valdez makes the start for the Astros, his fourth of the season. He is 1-1 with a 4.50 ERA and 12 strikeouts through 14 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday, the lefty went 4 1/3 innings against the Los Angeles Angels, giving up six earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- The 28-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.50, with 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings, in three games this season. Opponents are batting .240 against him.
- He will face a Rangers squad that is batting .228 as a unit (18th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .343 (22nd in MLB) with 13 total home runs (17th in MLB).
Rangers Starter Dane Dunning
- Dunning (0-1) will take the mound for the Rangers, his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Thursday, when he threw four innings against the Seattle Mariners, giving up three earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 5.68, 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings and an opponent batting average of .321 in three games this season.
- In three starts, Dunning has pitched through or past the fifth inning one time. He has a season average of 4.1 frames per outing.
- The Astros rank 23rd in MLB with 54 runs scored this season. They have a .209 batting average this campaign with 17 home runs (fifth in the league).
Astros Betting Picks & Insights
- The Astros have won five of the 10 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Houston has a record of 3-3 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -136 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Astros have a 57.6% chance to win.
- Houston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in six of their 15 opportunities.
- The Astros are 6-9-0 against the spread this season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have been underdogs in 11 games this season and have come away with the win four times (36.4%) in those contests.
- Texas has a win-loss record of 3-4 when favored by +115 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rangers have a 46.5% chance of walking away with the win.
- Texas and their opponents have gone over in eight of their 15 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Rangers are 6-9-0 against the spread in their 15 games that had a posted line this season.
Astros Leaders & Batting Stats
- Alex Bregman leads the Astros in home runs (three) and runs batted in (12).
- Among all MLB hitters, Bregman ranks 43rd in batting average, 32nd in on-base percentage, and 28th in slugging.
- Jeremy Pena has hit three home runs to pace his team.
- Pena ranks 23rd in homers and 107th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Michael Brantley leads the Astros with a .316 batting average.
- Yordan Alvarez has shown off his power as he leads his team with three home runs.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Rangers are lead in runs batted in by Nate Lowe with a mark of nine, he also leads the team in hitting, posting an average of .373.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Lowe ranks 108th in home runs and 33rd in RBI.
- Lowe takes a hitting streak of five games into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Jonah Heim been a consistent power bat this season, as he paces his team with two home runs and nine runs batted in.
- Heim ranks 52nd overall in home runs and 33rd in RBI this year.
- Adolis Garcia has two home runs, tops in the clubhouse.
- Corey Seager is hitting .241 with a double, a home run and four walks.
Betting Tips for Astros vs. Rangers
After taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Rangers on the moneyline at +115. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price