The Seattle Mariners (12-11), led by J.P. Crawford on an 11-game hitting streak, will meet the Houston Astros (12-11) Tuesday at Minute Maid Park. The Astros are -153 favorites for the matchup, which starts at 8:10 PM ET . Houston’s Cristian Javier and Seattle’s Chris Flexen have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Astros vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Astros vs. Mariners
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+130) and Over (8.5)
Astros vs. Mariners Game Info
- Houston Astros probable starting pitcher: Cristian Javier
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Chris Flexen
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Houston Astros vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Astros Starter Cristian Javier
- The Astros will look to Javier (1-0) in his second start this season.
- His last time out was on Thursday against the Texas Rangers, when the righty tossed five innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing four hits.
- In his four games this season, opposing hitters have a collective batting average of just .196 against him. He has a 1.35 ERA and averages 10.8 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The opposing Mariners offense has the eighth-ranked slugging percentage (.387) and ranks 12th in MLB play with 23 home runs. It has a collective .236 batting average, and is ninth in MLB with 181 total hits and seventh in MLB action scoring 102 runs.
Mariners Starter Chris Flexen
- The Mariners will hand the ball to Flexen (1-3) for his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs in 6 2/3 innings pitched on Thursday in his last outing, a matchup with the Tampa Bay Rays.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in four games this season with an ERA of 3.38, a 2.5 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.167.
- He’s looking to extend his three-game quality start streak.
- Flexen will look to pitch five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- The Astros rank 20th in MLB with 85 runs scored this season. They have a .216 batting average this campaign with 27 home runs (fourth in the league).
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Astros in one game, and they have gone 5-for-22 with a double, a home run and three RBI over six innings.
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 27-year-old’s 3.38 ERA ranks 37th, 1.167 WHIP ranks 36th, and 5.6 K/9 ranks 53rd.
Astros Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Astros have been favored 15 times and won nine, or 60%, of those games.
- Houston has a record of 1-3 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -153 on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 60.5% chance of a victory for the Astros.
- Houston’s games have gone over the total in seven of their 23 chances.
- In 23 games with a spread this season, the Astros are 11-12-0 ATS.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have been chosen as underdogs in 15 games this year and have walked away with the win six times (40%) in those games.
- Seattle has played as an underdog of +130 or more just one time this year and came away with a loss in that game.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mariners have a 43.5% chance of pulling out a win.
- Contests with Seattle have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 11 of 23 chances this season.
- The Mariners are 14-9-0 against the spread in their 23 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Astros Leaders & Batting Stats
- Yordan Alvarez leads the Astros with seven round-trippers on the year. He’s also hitting .262 with 13 RBI.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Alvarez’s home run total places him second, and his RBI tally puts him 30th.
- Alex Bregman is hitting .231 with four doubles, four home runs and 14 walks.
- Bregman is 24th in home runs and 30th in RBI on the season.
- Kyle Tucker has put up a team-best 15 runs batted in.
- Tucker has at least one base hit in eight games in a row. In his last 10 games he is batting .474 with three doubles, two home runs and 11 RBI.
- Jeremy Pena is batting .215 with three doubles, a triple, five home runs and seven walks.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ty France leads the Mariners in home runs (five) and runs batted in (21).
- France ranks 15th in homers and second in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- France has collected a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with .
- Crawford’s .375 batting average leads his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Crawford ranks 24th in home runs and 76th in RBI.
- Adam Frazier is hitting .239 with five doubles, a triple and eight walks.
- Eugenio Suarez is hitting .207 with six doubles, a triple, three home runs and 12 walks.
Betting Tips for Astros vs. Mariners
After digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Mariners on the moneyline at +130. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price