J.P. Crawford (10 games) will look to add to his hitting streak when the Seattle Mariners (12-10) and Houston Astros (11-11) meet Monday at 8:10 PM ET, live from Minute Maid Park. J.P. Crawford and the Mariners are listed as underdogs on the moneyline by sportsbooks (+104). Houston’s Jake Odorizzi and Seattle’s Marco Gonzales have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Astros vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Astros vs. Mariners
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+104) and Over (8.5)
Astros vs. Mariners Game Info
- Houston Astros probable starting pitcher: Jake Odorizzi
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Marco Gonzales
- Game Day: Monday, May 2, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Houston Astros vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Astros Starter Jake Odorizzi
- Odorizzi (1-2) gets the starting nod for the Astros in his fifth start of the season. He has a 6.00 ERA in 15 innings pitched, with nine strikeouts.
- His most recent time out was on Wednesday against the Texas Rangers, when the right-hander threw six innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up only one hit.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 6.00, with 5.4 strikeouts per nine innings, in four games this season. Opponents have a .283 batting average against him.
- He will face a Mariners offense that ranks fifth in the league with 102 runs while batting .238 as a squad. It has a collective .395 slugging percentage (eighth in MLB action) and has hit a total of 23 home runs (11th in MLB).
- In 4 1/3 innings over one appearance against the Mariners this season, Odorizzi has an 8.31 ERA and a 2.538 WHIP while his opponents are batting .421.
Mariners Starter Marco Gonzales
- Gonzales (1-2) will take to the mound for the Mariners and make his fifth start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw a third of an inning against the Tampa Bay Rays, giving up one earned run while allowing one hit.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 3.86, 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings and an opponent batting average of .279 in four games this season.
- In four starts this season, he’s earned one quality start.
- Gonzales has made one start of five or more innings in four chances this season, and averages 3.2 frames when he pitches.
- The Astros have scored 82 runs this season, which ranks 20th in MLB. They are batting .214 for the campaign with 25 home runs, fifth in the league.
- This season, the left-hander has pitched against the Astros in one game, and they have gone 4-for-24 with a double and an RBI over seven innings.
Astros Betting Picks & Insights
- The Astros have been favorites in 14 games this season and won eight (57.1%) of those contests.
- Houston is 5-4 this season when entering a game favored by -124 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 55.4% chance of a victory for the Astros.
- Games involving Houston have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in seven of 22 chances this season.
- The Astros are 10-12-0 against the spread in their 22 chances this season.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have won in six, or 42.9%, of the 14 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, Seattle has been victorious four times in nine chances when named as an underdog of at least +104 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Mariners have a 49% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Seattle’s games have gone over the total in 11 of their 22 opportunities.
- The Mariners are 14-8-0 against the spread in their 22 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Astros Leaders & Batting Stats
- Yordan Alvarez has hit a team-high six home runs.
- Alvarez’s home runs put him fifth in MLB, and he is 40th in RBI.
- Alex Bregman has three doubles, four home runs and 14 walks while hitting .230.
- Bregman ranks 23rd in home runs in MLB, and 27th in RBI.
- Kyle Tucker has accumulated a team-high 15 runs batted in.
- Kyle Tucker has at least one base hit in seven games in a row. In his last 10 games he is hitting .421 with three doubles, two home runs and 11 RBI.
- Jeremy Pena is batting .211 with three doubles, a triple, four home runs and seven walks.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ty France has managed a team-high five home runs and has driven in 21 runs.
- France’s home run total puts him 14th in the majors, and he ranks second in RBI.
- Crawford’s .372 batting average paces his team.
- Crawford is 23rd in homers and 70th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Adam Frazier is hitting .250 with five doubles, a triple and eight walks.
- Eugenio Suarez is hitting .215 with six doubles, a triple, three home runs and 11 walks.
Betting Tips for Astros vs. Mariners
Our best bet is the Mariners on the moneyline at +104 after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price