Two of the league’s top hitters will meet Monday when the Los Angeles Angels (19-11) and Tampa Bay Rays (18-11) take to the field at 9:38 PM ET. Taylor Ward is batting .364 for the Angels (-119 favorites on the moneyline) while Manuel Margot leads the underdog Rays (+101) with a .325 average. Los Angeles’ Noah Syndergaard and Tampa Bay’s Jeffrey Springs have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Angels vs. Rays Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Rays
Our computer pick: Tampa Bay Rays (+101) and Over (7.5)
Angels vs. Rays Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Noah Syndergaard
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Jeffrey Springs
- Game Day: Monday, May 9, 2022
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Los Angeles Angels vs Tampa Bay Rays Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter Noah Syndergaard
- The Angels are sending Syndergaard (2-1) out to make his fifth start of the season. He is 2-1 with a 2.63 ERA and 14 strikeouts in 24 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance came on Tuesday against the Boston Red Sox, when the righty went seven innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- In four games this season, the 29-year-old has amassed a 2.63 ERA and 5.2 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .207 to opposing batters.
- Syndergaard will try to prolong a five-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.0 innings per outing).
- The opposing Rays offense has a collective .245 batting average, and is fourth in the league with 238 total hits and sixth in MLB play with 130 runs scored. It has the seventh-ranked slugging percentage (.395) and ranks 12th in home runs (28) in all of MLB.
Rays Starter Jeffrey Springs
- The Rays’ Springs will make his second start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday against the Oakland Athletics, throwing 3 1/3 scoreless innings of relief and allowing two hits.
- He has pitched in nine games this season with an ERA of .69, a batting average against of .163 and 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Angels have scored 139 runs this season, which ranks first in MLB. They have 235 hits, fifth in baseball, with 36 home runs (first in the league).
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have won 16, or 69.6%, of the 23 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Los Angeles has a record of 14-7 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -119 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 54.3% chance of a victory for the Angels.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 14 of their 30 chances.
- In 30 games with a spread this season, the Angels are 15-15-0 ATS.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have been chosen as underdogs in five games this year and have walked away with the win two times (40%) in those games.
- Tampa Bay has a mark of 1-2 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +101 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Rays have an implied victory probability of 49.8% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Contests with Tampa Bay have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 13 of 29 chances this season.
- In 29 games with a line this season, the Rays have a mark of 14-15-0 against the spread.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ward paces the Angels with six home runs while putting up a team-best batting average of .364.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Ward ranks 14th in home runs and 37th in RBI.
- Ward takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a home run, six walks and two RBI.
- Mike Trout has hit six home runs to lead his team.
- Trout ranks 14th in home runs and 63rd in RBI in the majors.
- Shohei Ohtani is batting .226 with five doubles, four home runs and 11 walks.
- Ohtani will look to build on his two-game hitting in this game. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with a double, four walks and four RBI.
- Jared Walsh’s 19 runs batted in pace his team.
- Walsh is riding a five-game hitting streak into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .450 with a double, three home runs, a walk and nine RBI.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wander Franco has eight doubles, a triple, four home runs and five walks while hitting .310.
- In all of the majors, Franco ranks 41st in home runs and 37th in RBI.
- Franco carries a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .273 with a walk and an RBI.
- Margot has a club-best 20 RBI and .325 batting average.
- Margot is 71st in home runs and 12th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Yandy Diaz is hitting .289 with three doubles, two home runs and 16 walks.
- Brandon Lowe has swatted a team- leading five long balls.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Rays
We have the Rays on the moneyline at +101 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price