The Los Angeles Angels (21-11) will look to Mike Trout, who is coming off a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Tampa Bay Rays (18-13) Wednesday at 7:07 PM ET. The Angels are -122 favorites for the contest, according to oddsmakers. Los Angeles’ Shohei Ohtani gets the start, and he’ll go against Tampa Bay’s Shane McClanahan.
Table of Contents
Angels vs. Rays Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Rays
Our computer pick: Tampa Bay Rays (+103) and Over (7)
Angels vs. Rays Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Shohei Ohtani
- Tampa Bay Rays probable starting pitcher: Shane McClanahan
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Los Angeles Angels vs Tampa Bay Rays Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter Shohei Ohtani
- Ohtani gets the call to start for the Angels, his first this season.
- Opposing hitters have a collective batting average of only .214 against him this season. He has a 3.08 ERA and 14.0 strikeouts per nine innings over his five appearances.
- The Rays rank eighth in MLB action with 133 runs scored this season, and are batting .240 with 29 home runs (12th in baseball).
Rays Starter Shane McClanahan
- The Rays’ McClanahan (2-2) will make his seventh start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Friday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed three hits in 5 1/3 innings against the Seattle Mariners.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 3.06, a 5.222 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .990 in six games this season.
- He has earned a quality start two times in six starts this season.
- McClanahan will look to pitch five or more innings for the fifth start in a row.
- The Angels have scored 162 runs this season, which ranks first in MLB. They are batting .250 for the campaign with 44 home runs, first in the league.
- The 25-year-old’s 3.06 ERA ranks 36th, .990 WHIP ranks 19th, and 13.1 K/9 ranks second among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have won 17, or 70.8%, of the 24 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- This season, Los Angeles has won 13 of its 20 games, or 65%, when favored by at least -122 on the moneyline.
- The Angels have a 55% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Los Angeles have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 16 of 32 chances this season.
- The Angels have an ATS record of 17-15-0 in 32 games with a spread this season.
Rays Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rays have been chosen as underdogs in six games this year and have walked away with the win two times (33.3%) in those games.
- This year, Tampa Bay has won one of four games when listed as at least +103 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Rays have an implied victory probability of 49.3% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Tampa Bay’s games have gone over the total in 15 of their 31 opportunities.
- The Rays are 14-17-0 against the spread in their 31 games that had a posted line this season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Trout paces the Angels with nine home runs while putting up a team-high batting average of .337.
- In all of MLB, Trout is first in home runs and 19th in RBI.
- Trout carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .421 with a double, three home runs, three walks and eight RBI.
- Taylor Ward is hitting .364 with four doubles, a triple, six home runs and 19 walks.
- Ward has two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a home run, six walks and two RBI.
- Ohtani is batting .250 with six doubles, six home runs and 11 walks.
- Ohtani has at least one base hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .350 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and eight RBI.
- Jared Walsh has collected 23 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Walsh has recorded at least one hit in seven games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is batting .333 with two doubles, four home runs, two walks and 13 RBI.
Rays Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wander Franco leads the team in batting average with a mark of .317.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Franco’s home run total ranks 48th and his RBI tally ranks 50th.
- Manuel Margot has driven in the most runs for the Rays with 20 runs batted in.
- Margot is 75th among all hitters in the majors in homers, and 17th in RBI.
- Yandy Diaz is hitting .275 with three doubles, two home runs and 17 walks.
- Brandon Lowe paces the Rays with five home runs.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Rays
Our best bet is the Rays on the moneyline at +103 after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price