The Los Angeles Angels (24-15) will be out to avoid the sweep when they visit the Texas Rangers (16-19) to complete a three-game series. Oddsmakers have listed the Angels as -162 favorites for the series finale, while the Rangers are +140 underdogs. Shohei Ohtani will get the ball for Los Angeles while Texas counter with Dane Dunning.
Table of Contents
Angels vs. Rangers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Rangers
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (+140) and Over (7.5)
Angels vs. Rangers Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Shohei Ohtani
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Dane Dunning
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Los Angeles Angels vs Texas Rangers Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter Shohei Ohtani
- Ohtani starts for the first time this season for the Angels.
- He has a 2.78 ERA and 12.8 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are batting .195 against him over his six appearances this season.
- The Rangers are 17th in MLB play with 148 runs scored this season, and are batting .219 with 36 home runs (13th in baseball).
Rangers Starter Dane Dunning
- Dunning (1-2) will take to the mound for the Rangers and make his eighth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up five earned runs in 5 2/3 innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Boston Red Sox.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in seven games this season with an ERA of 4.06 and 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .229.
- In seven starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in two of them.
- Dunning has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Angels rank second in MLB with 191 runs scored this season. They have a .247 batting average this campaign with 52 home runs (third in the league).
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Angels in one game, and they have gone 6-for-16 with two doubles, a home run and two RBI over 3 2/3 innings.
- The 27-year-old ranks 42nd in ERA (4.06), 37th in WHIP (1.221), and 23rd in K/9 (8.8) among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have won 20, or 66.7%, of the 30 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Los Angeles is 6-2 this season when entering a game favored by -162 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Angels, based on the moneyline, is 61.8%.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 19 of their 39 chances.
- The Angels have an ATS record of 21-18-0 in 39 games with a spread this season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have won in 12, or 48%, of the 25 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Texas has a win-loss record of 3-5 when favored by +140 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rangers have a 41.7% chance of pulling out a win.
- Texas and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 16 of their 35 opportunities.
- The Rangers have posted a record of 21-14-0 against the spread this season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Mike Trout has launched a team-high 10 homers.
- Including all MLB hitters, Trout ranks ninth in batting average, second in on-base percentage, and third in slugging.
- Trout carries a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Taylor Ward has a club-best .376 batting average.
- Ward is seventh in home runs and 19th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Ward has eight straight games with at least one hit. In his last 10 games he is batting .378 with a double, a triple, three home runs, eight walks and eight RBI.
- Ohtani has put up a team-best 27 runs batted in.
- Ohtani has at least one base hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .286 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Anthony Rendon has seven doubles, five home runs and 19 walks while hitting .230.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Corey Seager paces the Rangers with eight homers while recording a team-best batting average of .242.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Seager ranks 14th in home runs and 60th in RBI.
- Seager carries a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with a double, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Adolis Garcia has put up 24 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Garcia ranks 34th in home runs and 15th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Jonah Heim is hitting .277 with four doubles, four home runs and 10 walks.
- Brad Miller is hitting .202 with a double, five home runs and six walks.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Rangers
We have the Rangers on the moneyline at +140 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price