Following a two-homer game last time out, Mike Trout leads the Los Angeles Angels (8-7) into action as -188 favorites against the Baltimore Orioles (6-9). First pitch from Angel Stadium at 4:07 PM ET on Sunday. Los Angeles’ Jose Suarez gets the start, and he’ll go against Baltimore’s Chris Ellis.
Table of Contents
Angels vs. Orioles Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Orioles
Our computer pick: Baltimore Orioles (+160) and Under (9)
Angels vs. Orioles Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: José Suarez
- Baltimore Orioles probable starting pitcher: Chris Ellis
- Game Day: Sunday, April 24, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Los Angeles Angels vs Baltimore Orioles Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter José Suarez
- The Angels will look to Suarez (0-1) in his third start this season.
- In his last appearance on Sunday, the left-hander tossed 4 1/3 innings against the Texas Rangers, giving up three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Opposing hitters have compiled a batting average of just .219 against him this season. He has a 5.19 ERA and 5.2 strikeouts per nine innings over his two appearances.
- He will take the mound against an Orioles squad that is hitting .207 as a unit (27th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .278 (29th in MLB) with four total home runs (30th in MLB).
Orioles Starter Chris Ellis
- The Orioles’ Ellis will make his second start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw 4 1/3 scoreless innings while allowing four hits against the Oakland Athletics.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of .00, a 0.667 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.615.
- The Angels have scored 72 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB. They are batting .248 for the campaign with 20 home runs, first in the league.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have been favorites in 12 games this season and won seven (58.3%) of those contests.
- Los Angeles has played as a favorite of -188 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The implied probability of a win from the Angels, based on the moneyline, is 65.3%.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in seven of their 15 chances.
- The Angels are 7-8-0 against the spread in their 15 chances this season.
Orioles Betting Picks & Insights
- The Orioles have been victorious in six, or 40%, of the 15 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, Baltimore has won three of five games when listed as at least +160 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Orioles have a 38.5% chance of walking away with the win.
- Baltimore’s games have gone over the total in two of their 15 opportunities.
- The Orioles are 9-6-0 against the spread in their 15 games that had a posted line this season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Trout has a team-high four home runs.
- Trout brings a hitting streak of three games into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .421 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Brandon Marsh has capitalized on opportunities as he leads his team with 13 RBI.
- Marsh has three games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .385 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani is batting .206 with three doubles, three home runs and five walks.
- Anthony Rendon is batting .205 with a double, two home runs and six walks.
Orioles Leaders & Batting Stats
- Anthony Santander leads the team in batting average with a mark of .261.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Santander’s home run total is 105th and his RBI tally is 250th.
- Santander carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with a double, four walks and an RBI.
- Cedric Mullins has hit two home runs with eight runs batted in, leading the team in both categories.
- Mullins ranks 46th overall in homers and 40th in RBI this year.
- Austin Hays is batting .245 with four doubles and seven walks.
- Ryan Mountcastle has a double, a home run and two walks while hitting .250.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Orioles
We have the Orioles on the moneyline at +160 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price